GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should we close General Chat?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/04/10 at 23:18
Regular
This week from Monday 29th to Sunday 4th we had an incredible 1* new threads and that was spam that didn't get deleted. Compare this to a year or two ago when we would get at least 10 new threads every single day.

What's up with that? This is terrible Garin. Should we just close general chat and move the active threads (WLT, bargain, etc) to the games forum instead?

* - I didn't want to wait till midnight to post this, so exclude this post
Sun 11/04/10 at 16:25
"Retarded List"
As far as I know they were Damarus, Jmaul, and Chr1s
Sat 10/04/10 at 11:00
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
I'm not going to go into the reasons why the members were banned at the time, everybody knows why and it isn't worth bringing it back up again.

Members who contacted us to query why the ban was placed, or to request 'un-banning' were quickly allowed back on (once we ascertained there was nothing un-toward with the posts). Those that didn't, weren't.

If you can give me a list of the members that were banned during this period that want to return to the forums (ideally to become active participants again), I will look into getting them un-banned for you. If you don't want to post the usernames here, send me a message using the link under Berk to the left here
<---
Sat 10/04/10 at 00:39
Regular
Yeah, what Steelie said. A whole lot of people were banned, myself included, and the only feedback I got (from phoning the helpline) was that we 'posted too closely together' or something along those lines. That the posts were all done within seconds of each other and appeared as if they were done by a robot. I tried to explain that there were simply more people on the site than were used to but to no avail.

And I do hope the criticism has been helpful. If it boils down to anything, I think it was that genuine constructive criticism to the way the site was being designed and run being almost constantly ignored was the main frustration that led to the abandonment of the forums.
Thu 08/04/10 at 19:41
"Retarded List"
Butch wrote:
> @SP: Ask them.

I wasn't asking why they were initially banned (I know why), but why they still are. We were all banned at the same time and I was wondering why some of us were allowed back and others (including Jmaul for that matter) weren't.

I'm not trying to be funny or anything I'm just genuinely wondering why.
Thu 08/04/10 at 13:02
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Warhunt wrote:
> Haha, flattery won't get you anyway Mr HM.

That's all I have. My looks are disappearing with each day, my chances of affording to have a decent meal each night is slowly disappearing as I approach becoming a student and my chat-up lines resemble an elephant with a stutter.

I did mean in general - if the site doesn't perform, you won't have money for GADs, thus losing more users, therefore continuing a downward spirals.
Thu 08/04/10 at 10:44
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Haha, flattery won't get you anyway Mr HM. A payrise would be a bit much, and I'm already the Forum God so a promo is out the window :D

I meant the comments in general by the way not just HM's (should have clarified).
Thu 08/04/10 at 09:58
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Warhunt wrote:
> People don't post because of the little annoyances it seems
> (primarily anyway).

My main little annoyance is finding time to post at the moment, so you could say that ;p

> I read through your posts and found your points quite
> interesting. To be honest most have already been suggested, and I
> have some on my list (all of them now).

I'd see it as constructive feedback. As I said, I am comfortable here and know the pages like the back of my hand, so overlook any problems there may be.

> I continue to try and change the forums, and I do try and focus
> on the task from a "user perspective", so all input is
> appreciated.

And you are doing a fine job! Tony should promote you or at least give you a pay rise :D We want you to do well - if the site does well, we get GADs :p
Thu 08/04/10 at 09:26
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
People don't post because of the little annoyances it seems (primarily anyway).

I read through your posts and found your points quite interesting. To be honest most have already been suggested, and I have some on my list (all of them now).

I continue to try and change the forums, and I do try and focus on the task from a "user perspective", so all input is appreciated.
Thu 08/04/10 at 08:48
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Emmie87 wrote:
> In all honesty, i don't get why people don't post or are as
> helpful / active as they could be.

I've made it my mission to start at least two discussion topics a day. 3 in two days for me so far - beats the 1 in total for lat week, right Machie?
Thu 08/04/10 at 08:38
Regular
"THFC"
In all honesty, i don't get why people don't post or are as helpful / active as they could be.

I like having a bit of a chat about certain games etc with other people and the ability to win a free game. I am lucky because i work for myself and can nip on and off all day, it helps makes the day go by lol.

Adverts do not bother me when you can have all the above for free, Freeola have to make money and i signed up my parents with Freeola for Broadband and have had no issues. So all in all, a good experience lol.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.