GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XIII Discussion Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XIII'.
Wed 10/03/10 at 13:52
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Big name, big game and big fan following...it's bound to be a game widely discussed!

As we seem to have a thread for most of the big games, I thought we may as well have one for this behemoth of a game - so if you have any ideas, favourite ways to play the game or just want to pass comment on what already appears to be a fantastic and absorbing game - please post here.

If you want to discuss the plot or other aspects of the storyline - remember to use the
Show Spoiler
tags to hide it from people who want to play the game without ruining it for themselves.

first off...I'm liking the combat system now - no definite turn based combat? Action seems to be constant even though you have to select your moves. Brilliant?
Page:
Wed 17/03/10 at 10:59
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Hey all. Spent yesterday in bed, doctor reckons I have a viral infection. Nice. Still ill today, but amoxy is working I think.

TImbo gave good advice Emmie but don't think he realises you can get above 2x. I generally use the multiplier items (like anything ooze...you can get them early from the shops (garage one)) to get to 3x then use perfect conductor for 5000 exp each (you can buy these at the shop later too).

I have stopped using Glad now for the Lionheart I found in Chapter 12. Upgraded it to Ultima Weapon and now it has 158/158 with the ability to Quick Stagger. Very nice. Just gotta wait to get the last transform bit and then way, arguably the best weapon for lightning :D
Wed 17/03/10 at 11:06
Regular
"THFC"
I have x3 on the Gladius so it levels up fairly quick.

SO you reckon i am best sticking with that untili find the Lionheart?

I am finally at lv2 with loads of my roles now, which is good. Been fighting as much as possible on my way through, but have not spent anytime doing levelling up.

Did see a video on youtube where you can gain CP very quickly.

EDIT: Oh and hope you feel better soon! Don't play too much FF13, it will only make you more ill lol
Wed 17/03/10 at 11:18
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Emmie87 wrote:
> I am finally at lv2 with loads of my roles now, which is good.
> Been fighting as much as possible on my way through, but have not
> spent anytime doing levelling up.

How do you go above level 1 when leveling up your roles? I haven't played too much so not 100% sure if there is something I need to do, or if it just unlocks a bit later in the game.

> Did see a video on youtube where you can gain CP very quickly.

Linky?

> EDIT: Oh and hope you feel better soon! Don't play too much FF13,
> it will only make you more ill lol

Yeah, get well soon Warhunt. That makes too sickies on here today ;) Luckily I think I've got a gippy tum rather than full blown noro - although it is about in our hospital :o *makes sure tv can be seen from bathroom*
Wed 17/03/10 at 11:27
Regular
"THFC"
HM, see below for answers and link;

Show Spoiler

Hope this helps, i aint 100% on some of this stuff lol
Wed 17/03/10 at 11:32
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Brilliant stuff Emmie. It's rather an advanced game, but it does keep you thinking and guessing. I'm loving it.

Seem to be miles away from chapter 11 though :s
Wed 17/03/10 at 11:34
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
The levels go up as you progress, they are a sphere (like +30 HP, for example) that will start to pop up for you.

Got to a section last night, that WH had already spoiled for me, but not sure what chapter I'm on if I'm honest.

[SPOILER]Fang has now joined my team, we have just taken down a massive ship that was doing its best to blow up Hopes house.

Literally just jumped onto another ship with some other fella (who Fang knows) before quitting last night.[/SPOLIER]
Wed 17/03/10 at 11:40
Regular
"THFC"
Your ahead of me, i read the first sentence of your spoiler lol.

I knew that happened due to trailers but did not want to know any more!
Wed 17/03/10 at 11:45
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Yeah lots of trailers hint at it (me and my friend were discussing who what hottest, he hasn't played the game but he decided on her after watching said trailers) but WH already told me (and moto) that this happens.

He is now longer not allow to talk to us about such things.
Wed 17/03/10 at 12:12
Regular
"THFC"
Its one of them things, is it better to be further ahead and not be able to talk about the game, or be behind and able to discuss every aspect with people!?!
Wed 17/03/10 at 19:58
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
To buy or not to buy...

I've loved every FF game, obviously to differing degrees, and have lost whole weeks out of my life whenever the new releases came out but not this time.

Trailer didn't grab me but your chat has made me curious. Of course I will need to steal the PS3 off my nephew... :)
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.