GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XIII Discussion Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XIII'.
Wed 10/03/10 at 13:52
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Big name, big game and big fan following...it's bound to be a game widely discussed!

As we seem to have a thread for most of the big games, I thought we may as well have one for this behemoth of a game - so if you have any ideas, favourite ways to play the game or just want to pass comment on what already appears to be a fantastic and absorbing game - please post here.

If you want to discuss the plot or other aspects of the storyline - remember to use the
Show Spoiler
tags to hide it from people who want to play the game without ruining it for themselves.

first off...I'm liking the combat system now - no definite turn based combat? Action seems to be constant even though you have to select your moves. Brilliant?
Page:
Thu 01/04/10 at 18:38
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
HM wrote:
> And here I am not even having reached chapter 4...
>
> I really need to get back to playing this game...oh look a rainy
> Easter weekend coming up...I should have no excuses!

Isn't every weekend a rainy one where you are?
Thu 01/04/10 at 13:32
Regular
"THFC"
lol, well we are all at different stages and have other games etc keeping us away, wouldnt it be nice if we could just not work and play games all day!
Thu 01/04/10 at 13:28
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
And here I am not even having reached chapter 4...

I really need to get back to playing this game...oh look a rainy Easter weekend coming up...I should have no excuses!
Thu 01/04/10 at 13:10
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Due to no internet yesterday (and therefore little time to waste on FB, WoW or online FIFA) I got a fair run at FF, cleared chapter 11 now and well on the way (I presume) through 12.

Show Spoiler

Whilst chap11 was very open I was disappointed that 12 is back to being linear again, oh well.

Got my girls maxed out (Stage 9) on their 'main' trees now (RAV/COM/MED) with their secondary trees (COM/SYN/RAV) up to 8 or 9. The only exception is Vanielle with whom I am trying to get all 3 roles up to a decent level as I utilise her a lot.

Vanille now has a star level Tier 2 weapon (tiers explained below by WH) whilst Fang has a star level Tier 1. Leaving off levelling Lights' until I find the one I'm after, which is in CH12 apparently.

Will try to get back on it over the weekend and make a push for the final boss.
Thu 01/04/10 at 08:26
Regular
"THFC"
Well finally got back on last night, did a little bit more and think i am near the end of Chapter 10

Show Spoiler

I have moved on a bit and upgraded a few weapons, so not a bad night but will hopefully get some more done over the weekend.
Wed 31/03/10 at 12:14
Regular
"THFC"
Cool - thanks for the info!

Really hoping to get on tonight, need to play a little bit and then it will suck me back into it and i will not be able to get off it again lol
Wed 31/03/10 at 11:52
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Generally they are stronger but on equal standards.

Each char has 6 weapons, and they will mainly be the same things over each char.

A strong STR weapon.
A strong MAG weapon.
An equal weapon with a bonus.
A medium weapon with a good bonus..... etc etc

Show Spoiler

The stats upgrade at kind of the same rate. I'll make up these stats for Lionheart.... for an example.

Lionheart (T1) Lvl 1: STR 20, MAG 20 (Bonus: Quick Stagger)
Lionheart (T1) Lvl * STR 100, MAG 100 (Bonus..same)
Ultima Weapon (T2) Lvl Start STR 80, MAG80 (Bonus..Same)
Ultima Weapon (T2) Lvl * STR 220, MAG 220, (bonus..same)
Omega Weapon (T3) Lvl Start STR 200, MAG 200 (bonus: Quicker Stagger)
Omega Weapon: Lvl * STR 413, MAG 413 (bonus...same)

Blimey that was long winded. But hopefully that makes the point.

You will notice T2 and T3 don't have level 1's. I have listed "Start". This is because if you spent 20,000 EXP getting T1 to T2 this exp is carried over to the new Tier, so it will actually start at that tiers entry level. (Normally lvl 11-14 for T2, lvl 35-40 for T3)

Do not over level though because it caps the EXP when the item hits lvl *.

EDIT: You will also note that the entry level items start with worse stats than the older starred items. The game explains this.

For this reason it is best not to transform until you have enough materials to upgrade the new item at least a bit.
Wed 31/03/10 at 11:01
Regular
"THFC"
Just a quick question Warhunt, are the tier 2 weapons loads stronger???

I never really focused on upgrading but did a bit as i went. Just wondering if they are loads stronger or gain abilities etc??
Wed 31/03/10 at 10:28
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Discrepancy wrote:
> Yeah, I've sold all those chips. I'm not sure I understand how
> this whole upgrade system works.
>
> Do some items increase your exp gain? Or does that just come with
> general exp increase?

I explained the system quite a bit a while ago in this thread too if you want a detailed description, but I'll summarise again just for you :)

Show Spoiler

More advanced bits

Show Spoiler

Now transforming.....

Show Spoiler

And there....a summarised guide of sorts :D

Accessories follow the exact same principles but the majority do not need, or are not worth transforming (with the exception of the higher HP and STR/MAG acc's)
Wed 31/03/10 at 08:09
Regular
"THFC"
Didn't get to play last night : (

got home late and by the time i had everything sorted, Man Utd were on. So hopefully tonight i can lol.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.