GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XIII Discussion Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XIII'.
Wed 10/03/10 at 13:52
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Big name, big game and big fan following...it's bound to be a game widely discussed!

As we seem to have a thread for most of the big games, I thought we may as well have one for this behemoth of a game - so if you have any ideas, favourite ways to play the game or just want to pass comment on what already appears to be a fantastic and absorbing game - please post here.

If you want to discuss the plot or other aspects of the storyline - remember to use the
Show Spoiler
tags to hide it from people who want to play the game without ruining it for themselves.

first off...I'm liking the combat system now - no definite turn based combat? Action seems to be constant even though you have to select your moves. Brilliant?
Page:
Tue 30/03/10 at 18:49
Regular
"Mooching around"
Yeah, I've sold all those chips. I'm not sure I understand how this whole upgrade system works.

Do some items increase your exp gain? Or does that just come with general exp increase?
Tue 30/03/10 at 10:46
Regular
"THFC"
In my defense, he was pretty much beaten and i got hit with a big attack while not healing, ain't tried since. I am sure he will go down this time!

I seem to have plenty of money, i got a lot of incentive chips and just sold them for loads of money, but aint really spent much of it lol.
Tue 30/03/10 at 09:26
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
See Emmie, no one else struggled..... haha I kid I kid :D

Dis, did you check through your inventory. I was pretty much the same as you, no gil up until I realised they could be sold. After that I remember running with about 90k with nothing to spend it on.

[SPOILER]
I wish I could say that now. Takes about 1.2million gil to get the ultimate tier weapons to level 100/STAR :(

That's exlcuding the cost to get it from Tier 1 Level 1 to Tier 2 STAR as well :S
Tue 30/03/10 at 09:11
Regular
"Mooching around"
Show Spoiler
Tue 30/03/10 at 08:53
Regular
"THFC"
Still where i mentoned last, but incase you do not know....

Show Spoiler
Tue 30/03/10 at 08:30
Regular
"Mooching around"
Yeah, pretty much none of it was main story based so that's something?

Whereabouts are you in the game now Emmie?
Tue 30/03/10 at 08:15
Regular
"THFC"
Ouch, loosing that much data sucks, i recall losing 11 hours on a corrupt Memory Card on Final Fantasy 7...... started again and completed. So glad i did lol.

I should hopefully get on again tonight, gf is out for the evening but Champion's League will mean i get less time and Battlefield has been keeping me away aswell!
Tue 30/03/10 at 00:39
Regular
"Mooching around"
Argh... power cut and I lose 5 hours progress :( Must remember to save more.

On the upside, I'm thoroughly enjoying the game now :)
Mon 29/03/10 at 18:53
Regular
"Mooching around"
I'm not kidding, it's thanks to the end of chapter 10:

Show Spoiler
Mon 29/03/10 at 13:35
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
If you really only have that much gil I'd be suprised :D

One thing a lot of people didn't realise first time round is that there are certain components that drop that sell for high amounts and are useless as upgrade tools.

Look through your component list and look for anything that says "Sells for a premium" at the end. Things like Credit or Incentive Chips etc. Sure you will have some.

You don't really need the gil that much, or upgraded gear, until well into Chapter 11 if at all really.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.