GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Humanity is a Virus"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/09/01 at 12:43
Regular
Ok, I am going to rant. Any terms like "You" and "You people" are not directed at anyone here in particular, just in a "people suck" kind of way, so if you take offence?
That's probably because you feel guilty, so deal with it.

I've been reading about this Northern Ireland situation, and it's just another item in a long list of reasons why I despise 95% of the people that inhabit this planet.
I started a thread called "Please help me, I'm an idiot" in the DVD thread, and it ended up with me, Hooplah and Meka basically saying that this planet, as a species, is doomed to fail.

And for no other reason than it's blind stupidity and inability to deal with anything it perceives as different or strange.
Be it bullying kids, idiot religious folk murdering those that disagree (and I don't care what religion you are, murdering is wrong, if you disagree, then you're an idiot that needs more than the concept of heaven to save your worthless soul), people not bothering to learn as much as they can before they die.

There are so many things wrong with us, and we will never ever overcome these things and evolve.
I look around and I see idiot behaviour from most people on this planet.
Be it the mindless fools that decried Brasseye without even watching it, people that think Eminem should be banned, people that ban the teaching of the theory of evolution because it goes against their own beliefs...all good reasons to nuke this stupid planet and start over again.

We've had our chance and we blew it, and continue to blow it every single day that we continue to stumble along and bump into glass doors.
Be it moron tv shows that serve no purpose other than keep you inside and not doing anything positive to change your world, to The Sun - a worthless rag that thinks a football team winning a game is more important than civil war and murder in Rwanda.
I am ashamed to be part of this planet if I stop to think about what an idiotic species we are.

Popstars that think they matter, politicians refusing to hold peace talks because they don't like someone and condemn the rest of us to a lifetime of war and murder.
So many reasons to just hit "Eject" and go somewhere quiet.
Like the moon.

I see it in chimps that hate people because they're from another country, look different, speak funny or don't fit in with what they percieve their version of events to be.
I see it in newspapers that take pride in creating anti-german feelings over a goddamn football match.
Any number of things that are in plain view, but we're too concerned with watching soap operas to care.

Nike using kids to make sneakers for us to buy with our hard-earned cash and all people can say is "Well that's business"
No it's not just business, get off your lazy, ignorant backside and do something to stop this. Join Amnesty International, protest outside stores, write to MPs and Prime Ministers - just do something other than shrug and stuff burgers into your fat, complacent faces.

Just get involved dammit, if you feel strongly enough about this refugee situation, make your voice heard, don't just post in a forum, it changes nothing. Write to newspapers and MPs and Prime Ministers.

But you wont do that. And that makes me sick.
You holier-than-thou types that get on your soap-boxes but do exactly nothing about anything because Buffy is starting soon and what-can-we-do anyway?
Ghandi was just one man, that kid that stood in front of the tanks in Tianneman Square was just one person. You're just one person.
"Singular Action Initiates Plural Awareness" - just do something to change one little thing and it starts from there.

But what happens? Nothing. Nothing at all, because we're all too wrapped up in earning the most money, getting the nicest house, marrying the nicest girl and having kids that look like kids.
We're a nasty little race of self-obsessed me-monkeys, and I don't see that ever changing.
Ever.
Stand up for something you believe in.
Make your voice heard instead of tutting and looking the other way.

But again, nothing. Met with blank stares and confused angry voices.
People start to debate something, but because they dont know about the situation, it descends into shouting and name-calling and killing because we're too arrogant to say "Actually, I don't know everything" or, god forbid, "I'm sorry".
It's all very well putting forward a well-balanced initial view, but you can't defend it because you spend your time watching bullsheet tv shows and hording posessions in nice houses with big doors so you can shut out the nasty world.

People make me sick, but very few people will take the time to consider any points I've raised and just start shouting at me instead of reasonably discussing.
So I'll sit on my boat, waiting for the end so I can paddle off and find a nice,quiet land to start things over again, you can all chuck rocks and spears at me.

Quite frankly, I don't care.
Tue 04/09/01 at 15:02
Regular
"I am your father"
Now all this may sound conry but everything I am about to say is true.

What you are saying is not an exact true statement. Throughtout time there have been the exceptional people on this planet who haven't thought about themselves, who care for others before themselves. As 99.9% of human beings are selfish, no matter what way you look at it.

How do you contribute to society? Do you donate? I believe that every single person in the UK living in a house, with a job, can afford to give at least 15 pounds at month.

So when Comic Relief raises the huge figure of 40 million pounds, I wonered what happened to the others? Where were they? As once said,'I don't believe in God, but I do fear him,' and I think that is the same for me. I feel it is my job to contribute to this world, when I was younger all I could think about was money. Now I want to become a Dr - to help people.

I wish there were people in the world who could think like me. As hopefully it would be a better place. Please don't reply to this critising it.
Tue 04/09/01 at 14:59
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
And if we all did that, then I think you'd see it had an effect in wider capacity.
Tue 04/09/01 at 14:48
Regular
All I can do as an individual is refuse to be manipulated and do not be a manipulator; try to empathize with and understand every belief, mindset and personal situation; think for myself with an open mind; attempt to expand my consciousness in as many different ways as possible; and make compassion the basis of my morality.
Will this change the world? No. But it will certainly change me. And that's all I can realistically do.
Tue 04/09/01 at 14:13
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I meant the points you made in your post, not you making the post.

Does that make sense?
You speak absolute truth with "It's easier to destroy than fix".
But times like this, where people are responding rationally and listening to opposing views are the small things that can make a difference.

Even if it's just 3-4 people in a forum, at least we are trying to figure out what's wrong and how we might be able ot change things, even only on a personal basis, because I have to do these things.
Tue 04/09/01 at 14:11
"High polygon count"
Your Honour wrote:
> This is our country, and we celebrate Christmas. If
> people move over here, fine.
> If they celebrate differently to us, fine. But why should we change
> our history and heritage to accomodate these people?

Exactly.

Go to any other country in Europe, Africa, Asia and try it. You'll be told where to go in no uncertain terms.

I move to Germany. I say to my neighbour, "Excuse me, Mr. German person... would you mind terribly taking down your national flag. I lost a relative in the war, and I find it rather offensive."

Imagine the response I'd get - after he stopped laughing in my face.

Or move to an Indian/Arab country and ask for permission to build a church next to a Mosque. Even if you could... see how long it would last.

Okay, this may all sound like nonsense - but my point it, *no-one* else tolerates this stuff, so why do we?

As I said, it is not the fault of the "foreigners" that there's tension here - it's the one-way 'tolerance' and stupid PC-gone-mad regulations imposed by our own authorities that cause a lot of it.

I was once in a blazing argument with a black guy outside our local shops. He called me a racist for wearing a Union Jack T-shirt. I flipped, and pointed out to him that it ws our national flag long before the National Front commandeered and twisted it, and that he was actually wearing his countried colours on his hat - to which I had no objection. He soon shut up, and believe it or not, we were quite friendly afterwards.

It usually takes a lot for me to lose my temper, and I don't get mad about much - but when I do, I go ballistic - but this guy caught a real raw nerve. No-one will tell me not to fly my own flag in my own country, be it the Union Jack or the Cross of St. George.
Tue 04/09/01 at 14:10
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
And your post is exactly why I despair of both this planet and this species.

We won't ever make the effort, because it's too hard.
But I will go down fighting dammit, I would rather spend my time screaming into the blank uncaring faces of people than waste my time watching tv and voting for Big Brother.

But that's me, passion comes across as fury and intolerance when it's not.
It's just someone trying their best to make their own little mission worthwhile.
Tue 04/09/01 at 14:02
Regular
Goatboy, that quote you put up makes perfect sense, but it will never happen.

Why?

Because, quite simply, it is easier to destroy than it is to create.

Creation takes effort, thought, wisdom and intelligence.

Destruction just takes some fool to take the easy decision.

Going off topic to something that might hit a nerve, but it makes my point perfectly, is suicide. Never a nice topic, so I won't dwell in it. But people who feel they are at the lowest point in thier lives choose to end it.

Fair enough, their choice, but in my opinion thats the easy way out. Destroying, rather than put the effort in to turn things around and create a better life.

Sorry if this strikes a nerve with anyone, but it's my honest opinion.

Destruction just takes brute ignorance. Creation and life take effort as well as the ability to admit that "I was wrong".

Which is a perfect example of why there's never any progress in places like Northen Ireland and the middle east. It is easier for the leaders in the talks to say "No this my opinion and I'm sticking with it, if you don't agree I'll blow you up. And I must be right as I have 500 years of tradition backing me" Than it is to say:

"Look, we need to sort this out. I'm willing to admit that my party (or whatever) have done stupid things in the past. Lets forget that and move on." Because that would show weakness to the opposition, which can't be done.

People like to take the easy option, be it destroying, choosing not to spend their own time writing to MP's etc about issues, whatever it is, people can't be bothered.
Tue 04/09/01 at 13:47
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Your Honour wrote:
Should
> they do so much that it is actually in detriment to themselves? Like
> giving away all your wages so as to be left with nothing like in the
> example above?

Good point, but that wasn't what I was saying.
It was nothing to do with people donating money to charity, it was a metaphor for being so self-obsessed that you are solely concerned with how you're doing, what you have, how many nice things you can collect and surround yourself with that you fail to notice, or choose not to notice, things falling down around your ears.

It doesn't take money to not be stupid.
You dont have to save to not hate people or waste time on things that achieve nothing.

That's what I was saying, and there's a Bill Hicks quote that sums up my points with a lot more eloquence:

"It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one.
Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money that we spend on weapons and defences each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace
Tue 04/09/01 at 13:43
Regular
I agree with you Wookiee, and I don't think it's racist at all.

Whats the saying? When in Rome, do as the Romans?

Yet over it seems to be:

"when in England, do whatever the fudge you want.

One example:

Last year Birmingham said that they were no longer having Christmas. It was to be called "Winterval" instead.

Excuse me!?!?

This is our country, and we celebrate Christmas. If people move over here, fine. If they celebrate differently to us, fine. But why should we change our history and heritage to accomodate these people?
Tue 04/09/01 at 13:38
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Not sure that I agree with some of the points, but hey you're speaking what you think and feel so I can respect that.
The whole thing about blacks being proud is heritage, whites being proud is racist is a touchy subject, and one that I don't really know enough about to comment on.

As for the rampant-pc, I do agree to a point.
The only way I look at this whole issue of race and ethnic diversity is this:

The earlist remains of man so far have been discovered in Africa. It's only because some wandered off before tectonic plate shifting caused continents that we're different colours etc.

My whole topic was an equal opportunity diatribe.
I see this entire planet as wasted and hateful.
Doesn't matter to me what colour or where you're from, I think so little of the differences in humans that I refuse to treat you like a Faberge egg.

I see humans as a whole to be spiteful and nasty, whatever pigment your skin is
(and I know that wasn't what you were saying Wookiee, just adding my comments)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.