GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming Forum's World Longest Thread Attempt"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/02/07 at 08:35
Regular
"8==="
Somewhere to mention and comment on the small bits of news that don't require an entire thread to themselves.
Sat 09/06/07 at 14:54
Regular
I mean, I remember playing through those games from ten years ago onwards. The best part was the one where you could lock the butler in the freezer. I'm going to have to pick this up when the price drops a bit.
Thu 07/06/07 at 17:56
Regular
Wow, I didn't know Tomb Raider was on wii.
Thu 07/06/07 at 09:14
Regular
"8==="
GS:

"Tomb Raider downloadable for Xbox 360? Source: The online database of the Entertainment Software Rating Board.

The official story: As of press time, Eidos Representatives had not returned GameSpot's request for comment.

What we heard: Last year, Tomb Raider: Legend breathed fresh life into the moribund franchise, thanks in large part to the high-profile Xbox 360 edition of the game, which was second in US sales only to the PlayStation 2 edition, according to the industry-tracking NPD Group. So when Tomb Raider: Anniversary was announced for the PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, PC, and (eventually) the Wii, one couldn't help but wonder why Ms. Croft was not interested in a return engagement with Microsoft's console.

That actually turns out not to be the case, judging by the latest update to the ESRB database, which has the rating board giving Tomb Raider Anniversary a rating... five different times. According to the site, Tomb Raider: Anniversary: Croft Manor, Tomb Raider: Anniversary: Egypt, Tomb Raider: Anniversary: Greece, Tomb Raider: Anniversary: Lost City, and Tomb Raider: Anniversary: Peru have all been rated T for Teen due to violence and mild suggestive themes.

Those locations happen to coincide with the levels of Tomb Raider: Anniversary, suggesting that what is essentially the same game will be split up and released on the Xbox 360 over Xbox Live Marketplace in five different chunks. While there's no telling when these games will be released, it would seem likely that Eidos would stagger their launches, in effect creating an episodic action game. Similarly up in the air is how much they might cost.

It's worth noting that not everything that gets rated sees the light of day. For example, Q Entertainment obtained a rating for "Lumines Live! Artist Pack: Madonna 'Sorry'" on the Xbox 360, but the offering has yet to surface on the Marketplace.

Even so, getting a game rated takes time and money. It's unlikely that Eidos would have Tomb Raider: Anniversary rated for the Xbox 360--five different times, no less--if the publisher didn't have very specific plans for it.

Bogus or not bogus?: Not bogus."
Tue 22/05/07 at 06:54
Regular
"8==="
Microsoft asks for Live Arcade suggestions

Have a game you're dying to see on Xbox Live Arcade? The Microsoft marketing team wants to hear about it, as it has set up a story on its Gamerscore Blog [URL]http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2007/05/18/546058.aspx#549437[/URL] specifically to accept suggestions in the comments section. Beyond simply taking game requests, the team is also asking Live users to submit features they'd like to see as well as ideas for events and promotions they'd like regularly on the service.
Tue 22/05/07 at 06:47
Regular
"8==="
GS:

The $129.99 Legendary Edition of Halo 3 will be the most expensive special edition of a console game this year. However, today another eagerly anticipated title was also given its own high-priced package with extras aplenty. Rockstar Games today announced a special edition of its biggest game this year, Grand Theft Auto IV. The SE of the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 will run $89.99, some $30 more than the $59.99 a la carte game.

For the extra triple sawbuck, gamers will receive a bevy of extras. The game will come bundled with a limited edition Rockstar duffel bag and a book containing "never-before-seen production artwork" from the game. Also included will be an audio CD with selections from soundtrack of the game, which is set during the present day. No specific tracks were mentioned, but Rockstar promised that it would contain "new material from top artists available only on this release."

All the aforementioned goodies will come inside the GTA IV SE's oddest extra, a fully lockable metal safety deposit box. The bundle will also contain a special keychain with keys to access said lockbox. No photos of the box have yet been made available to the press.

Both versions of Grand Theft Auto IV will ship in North America on October 16 and in Europe three days later.
Thu 10/05/07 at 22:55
"LOLLERSKATES!"
After getting used to spiderman 3 on DS I can categorically say I love it!
Thu 10/05/07 at 13:52
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hands off completely, i used to be in the camp of they should remake it but given their track record the last couple of years chances are all they'd do is destroy a classic.

Leave it alone Square!!
Thu 10/05/07 at 13:50
Regular
Kawada wrote:
> Long as they keep their grubby mediocre game making hands off FF7
> then it's all fine and dandy

What if they remake FF7, but for the handheld and not console?

I think a remake exclusively on the PS3 would sell a hell of a lot of PS3s.
Thu 10/05/07 at 13:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Long as they keep their grubby mediocre game making hands off FF7 then it's all fine and dandy
Thu 10/05/07 at 13:33
Regular
Good news Ben. I heard they're going to update more FF games =) Turn them 3D, the way they were originally intended had the technology been available.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.