GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bit of News about Rare"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 31/12/03 at 12:32
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Info from Rare employee

Perfect Dark 2 has been canned from XBOX 1 and is going over to XBOX 2.

Sabre Man Stamped has been canned from XBOX 1 and may not even be made for XBOX 2.

Kameo looks like its not going to be finished and may be canned.

Ghoulies has just been launched, sales are not to good and it should have been canned.

Full topic can be found here (don't laugh too hard, what have they done ?)

http://www.fatbabies.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4302
Mon 05/01/04 at 20:45
Regular
"thursdayton!"
What the hell happend?

They started to suck.
Mon 05/01/04 at 18:08
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
We all know that back in the late 90's, Rare were the bees knees. My question is simply, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?
Mon 05/01/04 at 17:45
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Conker shall rock muchly.

I know. I'll buy it. I'll love it.

But it counts for nothing simply because they're pouring resources into a remake.
Mon 05/01/04 at 16:06
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Very intresting article on the whole Rare news thing here, including all the ex-Rare employees' quotes:

www.cubed-3.co.uk/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1630

"Nintendo has pulled a 'fast one' on the XBOX-developer, dropping the once-almighty Twycross company on the American monster's lap just before the developer was about to self-implode."
Mon 05/01/04 at 00:03
Regular
I honestly believe Rare are a sloppy and dodgy developer that can't always come up with the goods.

But they have invented their own humour, have their own unique style...

And lets face it...

We miss them dearly.
Sun 04/01/04 at 21:33
Regular
Kameo should be great. There's a screenshot of it on the back of the MM3/Halo XBox bundle.

Whoo!
Sun 04/01/04 at 21:02
"I love yo... lamp."
Conker shall rock muchly.
Sun 04/01/04 at 19:58
Regular
Last two games: GBTG and Starfox Adventures.

Crap.

Next two games: Conker: Live & Uncut and Kameo.

An N64 remake and a Pokemon rip-off.
Sun 04/01/04 at 19:48
Regular
To be fair, Starfox adventures went through a platform change and a change of direction (it never meant to be Starfox and should've stayed as Dinosaur Planet!).

Also, while it was gameplay-flawed enough to make it tedious to work through, the graphics and settings showed that Rare still hadn't lost their touch... they'd just screwed up this one.

Grabbed by the Goulies was notched up in about a year to warm themselves up for heavyweight Xbox titles, just like Blast Corps and Diddy Kong Racing were warm up's for Perfect Dark and Conker.

I might be wrong, but I think that a lot of their games are going through conversion processes (like Donkey Kong Racing having its Nintendo-owned characters substituted) and they might have something to show at E3.

Microsoft wouldn't have called that 5 games by 2004 out of thin air.
Even EA take atleast a year a game (bar sequels and updates which normally just take 6 months to design a set of new levels or change the football kits to this season's colours) so MS clearly weren't expecting them all to come from scratch, and Rare must have atleast announced them to the MS Exec.'s.

Or perhaps Rare bluffed it, working with Nintendo to scam Microsoft out of a fortune... ;-)
Sat 03/01/04 at 23:32
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> In the last 4 years they've made a total of 3 home console games and
> one of them was Conker.
>
> Nuff said.

Ok, in the last three years then. In which, they've made Star Fox and Grabbed by Goulies, both of which were mediocre at best.

You may say those two games in three years ain't bad, but the Star Fox project had been going on for a long time before, destined originally for the N64.

They take too long to make games, which turn out to be okayish.

The Rare I remember took too long to make games, which turned out to be fantastic.

You can't deny Rare have gone downhill.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.