GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Far Cry.... exquisemwa?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Far Cry'.
Wed 21/01/04 at 17:12
Regular
It seems I have been living under a rock for the past few years when it comes to PC gaming however I have seen this name pop up here and there as a possible Halo beater. They have just released a 465mb demo of it however I don't want to spoil the game by running it on my GeForce FX 5200 so I will wait until Friday when my Radeon 9800 XT arrives.

Between now and then I would appreciate someone filling me in on the stuff IGN haven't previewed. Does the game have ragdoll physics etc etc...

Any information would be apprciated.

Merci!
Thu 22/01/04 at 11:43
Oh, probably not a 7000 then.
Thu 22/01/04 at 11:41
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The graphics card yeah?

I might well be wrong about it.

It's a high number though.

Might be a 9000 actually. Not sure.

But Unreal 2, Halo, Breed etc all run loverly on it.
Thu 22/01/04 at 11:39
No, probably not. And if it does, the settings will be turned down to minimum.
Thu 22/01/04 at 11:34
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I have a Radeon 7000....I think.

512 ram, 2.7ghz processor etc.

Work?
Thu 22/01/04 at 11:31
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
I've always had ATI, mainly because my very first PC back when I was 15 (so that would be...7 years ago) had one in. Played games a lot back then and never had a problem. By comparison my mates 3DFX stuff had various things go wrong, and I jsut sort of stuck with ATI since then. There was an offer on when I bought this PC last year to get a cheap RADEON 9800 Pro installed so I took it (cost something like 89 extra). No problems with it at all.
Thu 22/01/04 at 11:17
Regular
Hope so, it just seems that ATI is the way to go at the moment, what with Half Life 2 and Doom 3 being optimised for it.

I'll be upgrading in the summer probably anyway - unless the new generation will be released shortly after, which I will wait for instead.
Thu 22/01/04 at 11:14
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
As the least technical person here (probably) I don't have a clue. I don't think there is any game that doesn't support both ?
Thu 22/01/04 at 11:06
Regular
You're all talking about ATI cards and drivers. Please tell me it supports Nvidia too - I have a GeForce 4 Ti4600 and don't want to miss out :(
Thu 22/01/04 at 11:04
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Luckily I haven't actually installed the 4.1 drivers, from reading the notes with them they seem more about just making the card work better with this XP Home Entertainment edition than any other real benefit.

What happened last night, 10 mins from the download finishing?

Power cut. Back on this morning (obviously) but according to the radio the ever moronic NTL people managed to damage something or other which caused it...so I'm downloading again from fileplanet, right now 60kbs which seems good. Halo did not have the same thing about it on PC as it did on Xbox, hence I'll be looking for this to seem better than Halo first did when I played it on Xbox.
Thu 22/01/04 at 11:03
Regular
"relocated"
Sniping, yes. It wobbles about more the closer you zoom in and the recoil is huge so it stops it being an uber-weapon. One really cool feature is that if you use the scope or binoculars out at sea then they rock up and down like crazy because of the waves. I've only played through the demo once and I didn't pick up the sniper rifle until late on and there weren't many bullets, but it might be different if you take another route.

Teammates, no.

Vehicles, yes. You start out in a dinghy thing but there is another boat with a gun attached. There's also a jeep that I haven't used yet.

And you can kill wild boar.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.