GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Console War- Why is the PS2 still leading the field?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/01/04 at 22:20
Regular
"You have a choice"
O.K. I know the PS2 is a bit more out of date than the Nintendo and Microsoft entries, but it is still holding fast as the U.K's number one console, so I need to know why you think PS2 has stayed top for so long.
Thu 29/01/04 at 23:41
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
lalakersrule wrote:
> You're talking to claymore guy here, no need to tell me of the joys
> of camping :-D Although on Blood Lake that's really the only option
> seeing as you can hardly see anything.

Dude, just go prone right underneath the helicopter where nobody looks and you'll have a field day :)

Personally I hardly ever use claymores on Bloodlake as they're not always guaranteed, whereas a triple-tap from either the AKS-47 or M4A1-SD is.
Thu 29/01/04 at 23:39
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
> Having fun there FM? Although talking to yourself is probably the
> only
> way to get a decent conversation around here.
>
> While I was typing all that I managed to get 3 headshots on Bloodlake
> :)
>
> See? Camping is good...

You're talking to claymore guy here, no need to tell me of the joys of camping :-D Although on Blood Lake that's really the only option seeing as you can hardly see anything.
Thu 29/01/04 at 23:38
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
> Having fun there FM? Although talking to yourself is probably the only
> way to get a decent conversation around here.

While I was typing all that I managed to get 3 headshots on Bloodlake :)

See? Camping is good...
Thu 29/01/04 at 23:37
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Having fun there FM? Although talking to yourself is probably the only way to get a decent conversation around here.
Thu 29/01/04 at 23:35
Regular
Had enough yet or shall I write an essay on how FANTASTIC Killzone is?
Thu 29/01/04 at 23:33
Regular
The PS2 also has a cool green light on the front of it. Clearly XBox should have gone for another colour, but then again imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. (Whereas line dancing is the sincerest form of Flaherty).
Thu 29/01/04 at 23:32
Regular
And you can play EverQuest Online Adventures on it.

Incidentally, out of all the PS2 games in existence, EQ:OA is ranked 200th. And it's one of my most played games of all time out of my 75 strong PS2 game collection.
Thu 29/01/04 at 23:24
Regular
And the PS2 has a cool blue light on the front.
Thu 29/01/04 at 23:23
Regular
FantasyMeister wrote:
> I'm not going to speculate on the PS3/XBox2/??? scenario because,
> although the specifications are mostly known in the PS3's case,
> nobody for sure knows what the new generation of consoles will be
> capable of.

But nonetheless from a strictly non-biased viewpoint the PS3 is going to kick ass.
Thu 29/01/04 at 23:17
Regular
Lukeman wrote:
> top= most popular, most sought after, most games available for it and
> largest place in the middle of almost every shop window, and keeping
> what I would call a "console cost"(OVER £100 plus
> game), when the gamecube has to sink to £70 GAME INCLUDED to
> boost sales.

Ah, OK thanks.

Simply because, despite what anyone else will tell you, it's got more higher quality games than any of the other systems.

The argument can be proved conclusively by taking the top 100 games from each system and analysing their average ratings by the media.

E.G.
The 100th most popular game for the Gamecube is rated 75.1%
The 100th most popular game for the XBox is rated 79.5%
The 100th most popular game for the PS2 is rated 84.6%

Analyse the spread of scores in the top 100 games of each system in a multitude of ways and you always get the same results.

Bear in mind also that the killer app to beat all killer apps (appropriately enough named "Killzone") is going to shift more PS2 units this Christmas than if they gave away a naked Britney Spears with every console bundle for free, and you can see that Gamecube is near enough dead and XBox are going to wish they hadn't annoyed EA so much. (Some might argue that Halo 2 is coming out; here's some news for them: it's a sequel, you've played that kind of gameplay already).

I'm not going to speculate on the PS3/XBox2/??? scenario because, although the specifications are mostly known in the PS3's case, nobody for sure knows what the new generation of consoles will be capable of.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.