GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Console War- Why is the PS2 still leading the field?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/01/04 at 22:20
Regular
"You have a choice"
O.K. I know the PS2 is a bit more out of date than the Nintendo and Microsoft entries, but it is still holding fast as the U.K's number one console, so I need to know why you think PS2 has stayed top for so long.
Sun 01/02/04 at 23:06
Regular
Oh and last time I checked you were all waiting around for a Rainbow Six 3 patch? Ah yes so different to PC gaming...
Sun 01/02/04 at 23:05
Regular
All the little boys gone to bed then? Oh dear you must be pushed to find someone over the age of 14 on LIVE. Ah well I suppose you have a whole day tomorrow to wait for them to come in from school. Still you haven't got anything else to do have you? I mean how many ladies are interested in lay abouts?!
Sun 01/02/04 at 23:01
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Play official Call of Duty servers, 32 vs 32, gigantic maps which hold
> all the players and no lag at all, plus they are anti cheat and
> constantly monitored. It makes LIVE look weak.

Hundreds maybe thousands of pounds on a PC, that will need constant updates, patches, configurations and god knows what.

Or a console that I can plug in and ummmmmm......that's about it. Sure you can get more players on PC online but hell, I'd rather just be able to chill in front of a TV and mess around on Live. 16 players is plenty, and by the looks of it the second wave of Live games is gonna be 32 players which will just be brilliant.

PC gaming intrests me about as much as an@l herpees. It's far too expensive and I prefer the ease of console gaming.

Please keep the posts coming which involve you on your high horse telling everyone that Pc gaming is the way forward and that everything else pales in comparisson. I'll just keep telling you that i don't agree....and ummmmm...the cycle will start over again.
Sun 01/02/04 at 22:43
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
Its not any less geeky, unless you
> class getting weak ports as being non geeky.

Heh

Sure console gaming, infact computer gaming of any shape or size could never be classed as 'cool'. But to class console gamers on the same level as people who sit around all day configuring their grpahics cards and buying new motherboards and what not, is jus**t quite simple s**tupid.

> Don't be quick to judge PC gamers, you play LIVE a sh*t load, a lot
> more than I play PC gaming. Does that make you a geek?

Las**t time I checked you hadn't been on Live since Xmas and have no actual idea how little time I actually spend on there.

£400 spent on a graphics card, gee I bet that makes you popular with the ladies.
Sun 01/02/04 at 22:01
Regular
When the ps1 came out it was something special.
It had many mature games and attracted Final Fantasy and MGS fans from the SNES.
And we must remember that it came out long before the N64.
When the PS2 came out(Sony did release the next generation ahead of Nintendo also this time) there were so many ps1 fans that were attracted of the black box that Sony had no problems selling consoles.
Sony has to be the best company in advertising.
If it had not been for the tv commercials, Sony would not sell as many consoles or games as they do today.
Sun 01/02/04 at 21:00
Regular
Play official Call of Duty servers, 32 vs 32, gigantic maps which hold all the players and no lag at all, plus they are anti cheat and constantly monitored. It makes LIVE look weak.
Sun 01/02/04 at 20:57
"I love yo... lamp."
But if you push more players on a PC game than on Xbox live you end up with lag. Unless you have very lag free connections that are all at upload speeds of 512Kbps or more then the most players you can really comfortably have a perfect game with on any system will be 32.
Sun 01/02/04 at 20:52
Regular
One other thing, you are quick to judge PS2 online due to lack of player support, the same goes for the Xbox when compared to PC online gaming.
Sun 01/02/04 at 20:51
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:

> That's jus**t giving into the masses of nerdy PC owners who whine on
> about ggraphics cards and geekware till the cows come home.

I'm not a geek, neither are a lot of PC owners who enjoy PC games. Its people who think console gaming is much more s**treet than PC gaming which is the sad part. Its not any less geeky, unless you class getting weak ports as being non geeky.

Don't be quick to judge PC gamers, you play LIVE a sh*t load, a lot more than I play PC gaming. Does that make you a geek?
Sun 01/02/04 at 20:44
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> FantasyMeister wrote:
> PS2 160
> XBox 48
> Gamecube 27
>
> TA DAAAA!
>
> You failed to mentioned that the PS2 has been out about a year longer
> than both XBox and GameCube.

Ah, but does that really matter?

Is Joe Public going to say "well, the PS2 has got more titles, but because it's been out longer than the GC and Xbox, I won't buy one because it ain't fair"? Nope.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.