GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ordered UT 2k4"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Unreal Tournament 2004'.
Wed 18/02/04 at 16:06
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I haven't played the demo yet, but seeing how cheap you can buy it on the internet i can't see it being a let down. It would be nice to see it on release day, but im not going to build my hopes up.
Thu 18/03/04 at 16:46
Regular
"uncopyable"
adrian wrote:

Like everything else it gets released onto the internet.

Ahh so what i should have said was...

'So warez did you get your copy from then?' ;-)

Sorry mate, but i have just forward your IP to my mate at ubisoft, as i am sure he'll be interested to know his latest 'blockbuster' has been D/L'ed like 5 days before it goes retail.
Thu 18/03/04 at 16:43
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Safedisc_V2 wrote:
> So where you get your copy from then?

Like everything else it gets released onto the internet. UT2004 is on pre-order with a company that plays :D So as its not dispatched I wont have it till after the weekend, but got enough Uni work to do and will probably have a look at what Far Cry is like later on.
Thu 18/03/04 at 16:38
Regular
I'm not too bothered to buy UT2004 too soon but might go get it tommorow.
Thu 18/03/04 at 16:01
Regular
"uncopyable"
So where you get your copy from then?
Thu 18/03/04 at 15:47
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Safedisc_V2 wrote:
> adrian wrote:
> Yeah cause its out in America and should have been here this Friday
> but was delayed. So you get games cheaper then?
>
> Nah Far Cry is not out in the old US of A until the 23rd of March
> mate.
>
> But yeah it's a US copy, no box or anything, just the DVD version in
> a sleve. PR promo copies don't come with the boxes - a small price to
> pay tho.
>
> Errr, cheap? Nah get them for free :-D

Yeah I see it isnt. Oh well I have it anyway :D same with BFV which I have had since Sunday.

The US copy you have is on 5 cds or 1 DVD? If its a DVD then its the UK version as the US version is 5 cds.
Thu 18/03/04 at 15:25
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Well don't keep us in suspense, what's it play like? As good as I've been hearing?
Thu 18/03/04 at 14:59
Regular
"uncopyable"
adrian wrote:
> Yeah cause its out in America and should have been here this Friday
> but was delayed. So you get games cheaper then?

Nah Far Cry is not out in the old US of A until the 23rd of March mate.

But yeah it's a US copy, no box or anything, just the DVD version in a sleve. PR promo copies don't come with the boxes - a small price to pay tho.

Errr, cheap? Nah get them for free :-D
Thu 18/03/04 at 12:17
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Safedisc_V2 wrote:
> Yeah, I got Far Cry a bit early, but that is an advantage of having a
> mate at the publisher i guess ;-)

Yeah cause its out in America and should have been here this Friday but was delayed. So you get games cheaper then?
Thu 18/03/04 at 11:29
Regular
"uncopyable"
Yeah, I got Far Cry a bit early, but that is an advantage of having a mate at the publisher i guess ;-)

If the other two guys had got their butt into gear i would have have the other two (UT 2004 and BF:V) at the end of last week, but sadly publishers PR people are just lazy buggers :-D

you know who you are ;-)
Thu 18/03/04 at 11:05
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Safedisc_V2 wrote:
> For the first time in quite a while, i really won't know which game
> to play first this weekend :-D

Play UT2004 first. BFV is not too bad, but the helicopters are a pain to fly. The bots do nothing so its no fun on single player.

My hasnt been dispatched either cookie, I think we both ordered so we could Play it :D

Doesnt matter too much as I will probably play some BFV and Far Cry and got two 2000 words essays to do through the weekend and early next week.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.