GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ordered UT 2k4"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Unreal Tournament 2004'.
Wed 18/02/04 at 16:06
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I haven't played the demo yet, but seeing how cheap you can buy it on the internet i can't see it being a let down. It would be nice to see it on release day, but im not going to build my hopes up.
Sat 20/03/04 at 18:37
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ive still not got mine, I would have thought ordering a month before release would have guaranteed me a game from their first batch.
Sat 20/03/04 at 00:42
Regular
Better than ut2003 by far.. but it seems it hates ati in those assault and onslaughts maps....
Fri 19/03/04 at 22:12
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
My copy hasnt been dispatched :( and there out of stock now :( Oh well I have got plenty of uni work to do.
Fri 19/03/04 at 20:13
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Safedisc_V2 wrote:
> Sorry Adrian, was only messin with ya.

Thought you were :D

Anyway got to go back and reinstall PC :( I hate when things go wrong. Plus Windows Update is down at the moment so cant reinstall the updates :(. Just what I needed this weekend.
Fri 19/03/04 at 19:41
Regular
Has anyone got the full, genuine version yet?
Fri 19/03/04 at 16:30
Regular
Hmmmm pings are weird... gonna try and get a rebate even though the crappy receipt is made a of crap paper and tore in two.
Fri 19/03/04 at 14:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Deck 16 was unbelievable with about 25 people. Reccomended 16 max, 25 on Last Man Standing.....rockets everywhere!
Fri 19/03/04 at 09:37
Regular
"uncopyable"
Sorry Adrian, was only messin with ya. I couldn’t give a flying fcuk if your warez every game that is released. I must say my version of Athena Sword is from a somewhat questionable source. But i would also say that people in the games business (PR, mag staff etc) are much worse for pirating games. Strange but totally true.

What a bummer, all those good games to play, and college work getting in the way eh. I know the feeling - didn't get a chance to try Far Cry or BF:V last night as had to work late :-(

Did have a quick blast on UT2004 and was impressed - hasn't played the demo so this was my first experience of this year’s version. The interface is much better than the clunky UT2003 one, and all my fave levels are there - plus a few good new ones. I played a couple of Deathmatch games, and kinda’ liking the new look shock rifle, although on the whole I must say the visuals are pretty much the same as the UT 2003. Although I must say the remake of the Deck 16 level from the original Unreal Tournament, called Deck 17 in UT 2004, if damn fine - one of my fave levels ever and they have even included an updated version of the Sniper Rifle in this level - which is fcuking cool.

Must say that the game also runs very well indeed. 1040 x 768 res, all in-game settings at max, plus I have X4 AA and X16 AS and I am getting a steady 70-80FPS - more on some levels - except that damn Ice Tomb, but that's a known system killer. Even getting a nice 50-60 on the huge Onslaught maps - which is nice :-D

Well, only one more day of work to go, and i have a weekend of PC gaming to look forward to :-)
Thu 18/03/04 at 19:34
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
adrian wrote:
> Safedisc_V2 wrote:
> For the first time in quite a while, i really won't know which game
> to play first this weekend :-D
>
> Play UT2004 first. BFV is not too bad, but the helicopters are a pain
> to fly. The bots do nothing so its no fun on single player.
>
> My hasnt been dispatched either cookie, I think we both ordered so we
> could Play it :D
>
> Doesnt matter too much as I will probably play some BFV and Far Cry
> and got two 2000 words essays to do through the weekend and early
> next week.

Yeah, im in the same situation really, have a 1000 word essay and i have to get round to doing my poster on the retina before the workload gets bad.
Thu 18/03/04 at 17:50
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Safedisc_V2 wrote:
> adrian wrote:
>
> Like everything else it gets released onto the internet.
>
> Ahh so what i should have said was...
>
> 'So warez did you get your copy from then?' ;-)
>
> Sorry mate, but i have just forward your IP to my mate at ubisoft, as
> i am sure he'll be interested to know his latest 'blockbuster' has
> been D/L'ed like 5 days before it goes retail.

And my IP is? Depending on the game I might even buy it. I have Raven Shield orginal which I bought due to me wanting to play it online. If Far Cry is good then I will get it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.