GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ordered UT 2k4"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Unreal Tournament 2004'.
Wed 18/02/04 at 16:06
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I haven't played the demo yet, but seeing how cheap you can buy it on the internet i can't see it being a let down. It would be nice to see it on release day, but im not going to build my hopes up.
Mon 08/03/04 at 16:38
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Apollo wrote:
> what do you mean?

Mods, essentially new games made from the editor you get shipped with the game, and from what I've heard the mods from UT2003 with be compatible with the sequel, though that I think could be a false statement.
Mon 08/03/04 at 16:07
Regular
what do you mean?

i cant wait now, getting a free headset AND a dvd with the game!!!! Cant wait to playyou lot; any more plans for th SR clan?
Mon 08/03/04 at 00:17
Regular
I'm gonna get it.. going to probably move to some mod made by using it's engine eventually.
Sun 07/03/04 at 23:53
Regular
heh, i just pre-ordered the special edition for £29, inc p and p
Sun 07/03/04 at 23:41
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
cookie monster wrote:
> If i had broadband i would be able to get 2MB.
>
> :(

You want or you could? 2Mb isnt strickly available for home ADSL use. It is possible on business or from some companies who offer Datastream. 2Mb is overpriced at the moment and because none business 2Mb packages are on Datastream they arent as good as Datastream is contended more at the exchange than IPStream. Bulldog do 6Mb if you live in London. They also do some high packages out of London, but these are only to about 400 odd exchanges.

1Mb is as fast as you will probably get at home, unless you want to spend business rates or get Datastream. 1Mb is fast, and if your not use to broadband then you will be shocked at the speed.
Sun 07/03/04 at 23:37
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Azul wrote:
> Yeah - 1mbps is available in this area.
> We've got details and stuff - it's just a case of buying the hardware
> and so on.

So 1Mb is available to you? 1Mb is available at every ADSL enabled exchange. What I was saying is that 512K works up to 6Km maybe even 6.5Km away while 1Mb is only up to 3.5Km. Also you need low noise line which could fail even if your within the 3.5Km distance. Looking at a phone checker will tell you one way or another. With mine I had it saying that 1Mb might be ok, but I have it. Another friend had the same response from the checker and he failed 1Mb, and I think he is closer to the exchange as well.
Sun 07/03/04 at 20:16
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
If i had broadband i would be able to get 2MB.

:(
Sun 07/03/04 at 19:32
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Yeah - 1mbps is available in this area.
We've got details and stuff - it's just a case of buying the hardware and so on.
Sun 07/03/04 at 18:59
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Azul wrote:
> And the SR clan thing sounds good.
> Hopefully, we'll be getting Broadband this month, and most likely
> it'll be 1mbps we're getting, which will kick bootay.

If its ADSL then 1mb needs a better line and you to be closer to the exchange. If your exchange is enabled now then use a phone checker on a ISP site to see what they say. You should be able to get 512K but 1Mb may be out of the question.

Online gaming is the same on 1Mb and 512K. 1Mb is just faster for downloads, and probably better if you host online games.

The SR clan would be good. Have to finish Uni before I get into UT2004. I will play UT2004 as soon as I get it, but I will have to limit myself in online gaming etc.
Sun 07/03/04 at 18:13
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Azul wrote:
> Hell, it worked for me.
> :-D

*Finds new hope*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.