GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ordered UT 2k4"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Unreal Tournament 2004'.
Wed 18/02/04 at 16:06
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I haven't played the demo yet, but seeing how cheap you can buy it on the internet i can't see it being a let down. It would be nice to see it on release day, but im not going to build my hopes up.
Tue 23/03/04 at 19:39
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
cookie monster wrote:
> Excellent, Play have sent me a code to get £2 off my next order
> because my pre-order was late.

Same here :D Didnt really bother me about it not being here for the weekend, I doubt many companies would give you money off especially as there pretty cheap on most things.
Tue 23/03/04 at 19:21
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Excellent, Play have sent me a code to get £2 off my next order because my pre-order was late.

*Orders hitman: contracts*
Mon 22/03/04 at 19:54
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
My order has been posted.

úber.
Mon 22/03/04 at 17:57
Regular
OK, I'll stick with importmadness for another week seeing as I'm a bit busy until Easter starts.
Mon 22/03/04 at 16:05
Regular
"A man with a stick"
All my order form has on it besides the title of the game and the platform it’s on is, Credit Card Status – OK, Date of Shipment – Pending and Cancellation Status – N/A. It’s been like that for the past week, no e-mails or the like, nothing. And the Special edition is no longer listed on their site which raises a bit of suspicion as to whether they’ve bothered to get any in.

I Think I’ll cancel tomorrow and go for DVD Box Office instead; they seem to be more popular as far as importing games go.
Mon 22/03/04 at 15:54
Regular
I bought from Import Madness, it doesn't say anything, just N/A across all headings.
Mon 22/03/04 at 15:52
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Order still Pending, Import madness = Useless, if it's not changed by tomorrow, a week after it's supposed release, I'll see if I can cancel my order and go else ware. Battlefield: Vietnam is a great game but I need my fix of assault style carnage like in the UT 2004 demo.
Mon 22/03/04 at 14:35
Regular
No doubt there will be realsim mods out in the coming months for UT2004 though it's quite a superb engine.
Mon 22/03/04 at 14:08
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Icaruss wrote:
> Quit the *play*ing thing already!

Ok.

Anyway mine has been dispatched so should be here in a few days.
Mon 22/03/04 at 14:02
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Belldandy wrote:
> Is Battelfield Vietnam just as good?

That depends really in what your looking for in an online game, because online is the only thing you'll be wanting to buy this for, single player is nothing more than multiplayer maps with stupid AI bots. It's more tactical, and allot more realistic than UT 2004.

There's a great selection of real world weapons and vehicles from time period the game is set in, all of have more functionality than in Battlefield 1942. The jeep for example was a small transport in 1942, in Vietnam it can now carry 3 people, one driving, one manning the gun/rocket launcher on the back and a passenger who can now use their weapon, making the jeep quite an effective offensive tool as apposed to a quick transport vehicle. And I’ve not even mentioned the moped, best online vehicle ever, just for pure comedy value alone.

Sniper camping has considerably decreased since the last battlefield with many more players opting for more open ground assault and I have to say this does lead to some exciting gun fights, which could be down to the excellent jungle maps more than anything else. Air power no longer dominates the game, helicopters are the new fad here but because they are slower than aircraft they are more susceptible to being shot down which now means flyboys no longer dominate the game. Although the downside to this is the new American M60 which is far too powerful, and now it’s uncommon to see over half the US team with these weapons.

There are nice additions aplenty, like a new tweaked class system where new abilities can be used, and music that can be played from any vehicle you enter is actually quite well used and fits the time period perfectly. It's not a great step up from Battlefield 1942, a game I loved, but I'm enjoying it more. It's to online tactical realism what UT 2004 is to arcade simplicity, if that tickles your fancy I'd say it's a worthy purchase whether your a Battlefield veteran or a greenhorn.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.