GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"N64"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/02/04 at 18:53
Regular
"SOUP!"
I recently dug out the N64 that my best mate and I used to play on religiously for about 4 years. The same copy of Goldeneye and Fifa 99, and it is still just a much fun as it was back then.

Goldeneye is still THE DADDY of first person shooters, and Fifa 99 is as good as Pro Evo 3 for its playability (not graphics though). WWF No Mercy is still the best wrestling game out there, no contest, the smackdown titles dont even come close to its prowess.

I still like my PS2 but the N64 is just, well, more fun!
Wed 25/02/04 at 22:27
Regular
IS THAT IT?

I SCOURED THE ENTIRE LEVEL A THOUSAND TIMES, PECKING AT EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF SCENERY, when all I had to do was... :-D

Pebble Kazooie's arsse! :-D

I've already gpt all 3 cheato's although I knew what the second 2 codes were as soon as I heard the first one! :-D
Wed 25/02/04 at 22:22
Regular
Poo eggs into him.

After that you'll be able to get many Banjo-cheats, secret eggs and much other Banjo-ee goodness, including the Cheato books. Complete it properly and feel good ;-)

Still not sure what those damn things do!
Wed 25/02/04 at 22:17
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Rickoss wrote:
> Yeah - the framerate is really, really annoying.
>
> There is me thinking that elements of the old games didn't need new
> improvements...

It's not the game that was the problem.
It was just the N64 couldn't keep up anymore.

That's the ONE thing that holds back games like Conker and Perfect Dark from still being the best games around.
If the N64 could've handled Rare's full ambition for COnker, they wouldn't feel the need to remake it for Xbox.

The multiplayer on N64 Conker was great in someways, but was designed with more scope than the N64 could handle.
It could only just manage 4 players and bots slowed it all down.
Even with just 4 players, the framerate was still a little choppy.

With the Xbox and live, framerate and lack of players will be a thing of the past.

Anyways, while people are talking of Banjo Kazooie, I've found everything on Treasure Cove beach except for the pebble to fix the bucket.
The bucket has a hole and needs the "bear" to find a "pebble" to fix it.
I've found loads of pebbles, but they're just painted onto the scenery! ;-)

COuld anyone tell me where the live, bucket fixing pebble is? :-)
Wed 25/02/04 at 22:07
Regular
Indeed; for 17 of those words anyway ;)
Wed 25/02/04 at 22:05
Regular
It's annoying - but it doesn't make the actual gameplay any worse.

Anyway, none more of this arguing; it's pointless and I'm obviously right ;-)
Wed 25/02/04 at 21:59
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> Yeah - the framerate is really, really annoying.

There is me thinking that elements of the old games didn't need new improvements...
Wed 25/02/04 at 21:35
Regular
Yeah - the framerate is really, really annoying. After only playing through the first level you can tell it's bigger than Kazooie; the fact that there are inaccesible areas and objects that make no sense (the metal egg) shows that there are aspects of the game that require you to return to.

FPS sections seemed a bit awkward at first, too, but then got a bit better. By the way, does anyone know what the Kazooie '?' eggs are for, I've seen one on Tooie and have all of them, and the Ice Key, on Kazooie. Tis odd.
Wed 25/02/04 at 20:43
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Strafio wrote:
Jet Force Gemini crossed Mario and Goldeneye.
> THe result was slightly clunky in terms of gameplay control, but
> otherwise it was a tour de force in terms of graphics and action and
> cinematography (still the best game music ever).
>
>

It really does have the best music ever.
Wed 25/02/04 at 20:39
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
It really is, a lot harder than its predecessor. I think the only thing that dissapoints me about that game is the poor framerate, but I can live with it. Sadly, I only reached 86 out of 90 jiggies. Too hard for an old master like me. (OK, I'm only 17.)
Wed 25/02/04 at 16:25
Regular
Just got Banjo Tooie today... brilliant.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.