GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"N64"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/02/04 at 18:53
Regular
"SOUP!"
I recently dug out the N64 that my best mate and I used to play on religiously for about 4 years. The same copy of Goldeneye and Fifa 99, and it is still just a much fun as it was back then.

Goldeneye is still THE DADDY of first person shooters, and Fifa 99 is as good as Pro Evo 3 for its playability (not graphics though). WWF No Mercy is still the best wrestling game out there, no contest, the smackdown titles dont even come close to its prowess.

I still like my PS2 but the N64 is just, well, more fun!
Sat 28/02/04 at 17:07
Regular
"R-Kade 4 Life"
Goldeneye was well fun. Last time i played it i was in hospital. It beats lying on ur a**e all day. lol. My m8 came 2 visit and we couldnt stop playin, even though hes like an expert on that game. Its still great fun even though its old, and it kinda makes u sad that Rare went away from Ninty.
P.S. XIII kicks a**e!!!!
Fri 27/02/04 at 21:36
Regular
"SOUP!"
post 100
Thu 26/02/04 at 22:29
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
I think I played Perfect Dark multi-player less than Goldeneye because my mates did. I always said, "Let's play Perfect Dark", but they always wanted to play Goldeneye. Probably because only 2 of us had Perfect Dark, and the others refused to accept Goldeneye had a successor. Judgement without playing it, makes me laugh. Not that I'D ever do that.
Thu 26/02/04 at 21:20
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
I owned both Goldeneye and Perfect Dark and to be honest, I played Perfect Dark a lot more. I guess I liked all the extra features it had to Goldeneye like the cooperative and counter-operative modes and the computer simulants in deathmatches.

My point being: I'd say both games were equal in playability. Perfect Darks extra options make the difference. Goldeneye was good in everything it had, but so was Perfect Dark...
Thu 26/02/04 at 20:30
Regular
Perfect Dark beats Goldeneye in ALMOST everyway, but at the end of the day, Perfect Dark was the game we'd played 2 years ago with a new lick of paint.

Granted that paint was so well applied that it was still fairly fresh and still provided hours of fun, but other than a few new idea's (like the farsight for example) you generally weren't doing things for the first time.

Playing with the enemy AI, shooting them in different places and watching the animation, blowing bodies around, mastering the headshot, using gadgets and the like, shooting out cameras, sniping unsuspecting targets... we'd already done all that to death.
It was still fun to do it again, but we wouldn't come back again and again, like we did in Goldeneye, to play around some more, messing around with glitches (trying to get back into the vent :-)), messing around using new cheats...

In the multiplayer too.
Having played Goldeneye to death and back, we rarely played Perfect Dark without scores of simulants to spice things up.

We had the same thing with Smash Brothers Melée.
Better than the prequel in EVERY way, only once the fresh paint peeled off, it was same game as yesteryear with new greased joints and a lick of paint.

That's why as great as sequels are, they'll never be as mind blowing and a brand new, original, innoative game.
Thu 26/02/04 at 19:04
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
If Perfect Dark would have kept to Datadyne and Chicago style levels, I would favour it, but Goldneye does it for me. Perfect Dark starting off amazing, and winded down to very good. Shame. That's what happens when a company constantly sacks employees and replaces them with young university graduates.
Thu 26/02/04 at 17:21
Regular
I preferred Goldeneye to Perfect Dark.
Thu 26/02/04 at 17:19
Regular
In terms of level design, I favour Goldeneye.
Thu 26/02/04 at 17:10
Regular
"2 WHEELS ONLY"
Yes Goldeneye is incredible, but did you never play Perfect Dark, beats GE hands down
Wed 25/02/04 at 22:31
Regular
Heh, I think you might have to activate them first. Otherwise many hours would be wasted on wishywashybanjo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.