GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"N64"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/02/04 at 18:53
Regular
"SOUP!"
I recently dug out the N64 that my best mate and I used to play on religiously for about 4 years. The same copy of Goldeneye and Fifa 99, and it is still just a much fun as it was back then.

Goldeneye is still THE DADDY of first person shooters, and Fifa 99 is as good as Pro Evo 3 for its playability (not graphics though). WWF No Mercy is still the best wrestling game out there, no contest, the smackdown titles dont even come close to its prowess.

I still like my PS2 but the N64 is just, well, more fun!
Sat 21/02/04 at 18:53
Regular
"SOUP!"
I recently dug out the N64 that my best mate and I used to play on religiously for about 4 years. The same copy of Goldeneye and Fifa 99, and it is still just a much fun as it was back then.

Goldeneye is still THE DADDY of first person shooters, and Fifa 99 is as good as Pro Evo 3 for its playability (not graphics though). WWF No Mercy is still the best wrestling game out there, no contest, the smackdown titles dont even come close to its prowess.

I still like my PS2 but the N64 is just, well, more fun!
Sat 21/02/04 at 18:55
Regular
"Notable"
I think your nostalgic views have been warped with a near death experience.

I also think spreading your wings into this forum is a strategic move.
Sat 21/02/04 at 18:56
Regular
I recently got Perfect Dark, Banjo Tooie, Turok 2, Silicon Valley and AR from eBay. All rock except Turok 2, which is awful.
Sat 21/02/04 at 19:00
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Fifa '99 is about as good as the plague.

and twice as devastating.

But, from what i played of Goldeneye, it's hugely viewed with rose tinted glasses.

Halo, mon ami.

Good to play.
fecking Awesome to mess around on.
Sat 21/02/04 at 19:01
Regular
Halo is nowhere near as good as Goldeneye, mon fool.
Sat 21/02/04 at 20:11
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
Fifa 99 better than Pro Evo? You're havin a laugh incha? Even ISS 98 cannot match up to the might of Pro Evo 3, as much as I loved that game. However, the N64 is still my fave console, with soooooooo many great games, like Goldeneye, Zelda: OOT, Zelda:MM, Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Conker's BFD, Donkey Kong 64, Perfect Dark, Mario Kart, WWF No Mercy and all those other great THQ wrestling games, Pilotwings, Mario Party, Track and Field, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Lylat Wars, 1080, Excitebike, Smash Brothers....

Feel free to add.
Sat 21/02/04 at 20:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Halo is rubbish.

Comapred to Goldeneye, it's unbelievable the game is hyped so much.
Sat 21/02/04 at 20:40
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
I bought Halo for PC, and never bloody got it to bloody work.
Sat 21/02/04 at 20:45
Regular
Halo is better than Goldeneye. Back then it was the best on offer but its crap to play in comparison to Halo. I can't see why people won't just move on. I tried playing 4 player Mario Kart on the 64 a couple of months back and it was painful, Double Dash smashes it in everyway. I feel the same about the Mario and Zelda updates, the older ones simply can't compare with the new versions.
Sat 21/02/04 at 20:48
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
That Mario Kart thing is definitely true, I can't stand Mario Kart 64 anymore. I still adore the N64 Zelda's and Mario, but to be honest, since I've only played Halo for about 2 hours in total, I can't really compare it with Goldeneye. If you think about it without nostalgia, nearly every FPS released nowadays is better than Goldeneye, like XIII, Halo and Call of Duty. (Medal of honour sucks).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.