GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Gear Solid Gamecube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid'.
Sat 21/02/04 at 21:01
Regular
": ("
I know this is the PS2 forum but i just wanted to know why this game hasn't got alot of antisapation, i dont have a GC but i was confused why a MGS game would have such a low antisapation level, knowone has talked about it, is it good or is it just a pants game to get PS2 owners pumped up for MGS: Snake Eater.
Wed 25/02/04 at 17:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
homosh wrote:
> First of all , Otacon doesn't have to know that she was kidnapped ,
> secondly , Hideo Kojima may have written the mgs2 story line right
> before the release of mgs1 , which is propable since it relly was
> written in 1998 (check the mgs2 making of DVD) , and thirdly the
> Shadow Mosses incident didn't harm any one , since Roy Cample Stopped
> the Bombing
> *The B2 Spirits have returned to the base *
> that was a part of his conversation with snake .

That only answers my question about why didn't Otacon mention her. What about the others?
Wed 25/02/04 at 15:25
Regular
"..."
it doesn't matter because first of all Metal Gear Solid is one of the most important games for the playstation consoles , if not the only one which is important . And secondly , we've changed the subject to talk about emma , which is one of the characters of mgs2 , which will never arrive on the gamecube .
Tue 24/02/04 at 20:29
Regular
"Socom 3 > All."
Why'o Why'o Why'o are you posting a thread on a gamecube game in the sony ps1 & ps2 section
Tue 24/02/04 at 13:00
Regular
"..."
First of all , Otacon doesn't have to know that she was kidnapped , secondly , Hideo Kojima may have written the mgs2 story line right before the release of mgs1 , which is propable since it relly was written in 1998 (check the mgs2 making of DVD) , and thirdly the Shadow Mosses incident didn't harm any one , since Roy Cample Stopped the Bombing
*The B2 Spirits have returned to the base *
that was a part of his conversation with snake .
Mon 23/02/04 at 18:47
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
If it is Emma there's alot of convenient things left out.

Why didn't she appear at least once in MGS?
You'd think Otacon would mention it at least once in the original that his sister was around
If she got away before the incident happened at Shadow Moses how on earth would Ocelot have her at the end?
Seeing as Meryl and Snake were all lovey dovey at the end of MGS why doesn't he even mention her?
Mon 23/02/04 at 13:59
Regular
"..."
there is no other explanation , Emma has got to be the one they were talking about , besides I had played both the us and the european versions and finished both of them , and Ocelot still says the same , if it was a mistake it would be only in one version
Sun 22/02/04 at 23:24
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Didn't Dr. Emerich say that Emma got out of the shadown moses incident
> before it happened? She was there but not at the time that it was
> taken over.

Then how would Ocelot have her at the end? Doesn't make sense. I've probably missed something because it's been ages since i've played MGS2 and even longer since i played the original.
Sun 22/02/04 at 23:15
Regular
Didn't Dr. Emerich say that Emma got out of the shadown moses incident before it happened? She was there but not at the time that it was taken over. He says so in that really long cut scene where you have to swim under water avoiding all the mines only to find Emma trapped in a locker. When it goes to the codec I am sure Dr. Emerich says something about Shadow Moses and Emma.
Sun 22/02/04 at 22:54
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
homosh wrote:
> Yes , but at the time they made that last part , Hideo Kojima had
> already written the storyline of mgs2 (check the bonus DVD that came
> with the game ) , besides , they say they have the girl on both the
> good and the bad endings , and in the good ending Meryl escaped with
> snake , so how come they keep her??!!

Ask Kojima, or the translation team, one of them must have screwed up.

Also , if its Meryl , Ocelot
> wouldn't say "What should I do with the girl ?" , he would
> say " What should I do with the woman "

You can call a woman a girl you know. Plus why would Emma if it was her as you say be at Shadow Moses? wouldn't there be a mention of her actually being there if they were talking about her at least somewhere in the story?
Sun 22/02/04 at 19:47
Regular
"..."
Yes , but at the time they made that last part , Hideo Kojima had already written the storyline of mgs2 (check the bonus DVD that came with the game ) , besides , they say they have the girl on both the good and the bad endings , and in the good ending Meryl escaped with snake , so how come they keep her??!! Also , if its Meryl , Ocelot wouldn't say "What should I do with the girl ?" , he would say " What should I do with the woman "

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.