GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Gear Solid Gamecube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid'.
Sat 21/02/04 at 21:01
Regular
": ("
I know this is the PS2 forum but i just wanted to know why this game hasn't got alot of antisapation, i dont have a GC but i was confused why a MGS game would have such a low antisapation level, knowone has talked about it, is it good or is it just a pants game to get PS2 owners pumped up for MGS: Snake Eater.
Sun 29/02/04 at 14:59
Regular
"..."
Legendary Link wrote:
> i'm sure kideo kojima does not code every litlle bit of a Metal gear
> game, so its not really down to him that the games are suposively
> faultless.
actually he does , in the making dvd , they said that he kept finishing the game over and over again till he fixed every little bug .
Sun 29/02/04 at 14:43
Regular
i'm sure kideo kojima does not code every litlle bit of a Metal gear game, so its not really down to him that the games are suposively faultless.
Sun 29/02/04 at 13:32
Regular
"..."
And I agree with you that Raiden was rubbish , you don't need to argue about that , I am just saying that its not a mistake , since he meant to do it .
Sun 29/02/04 at 13:31
Regular
"..."
lalakersrule wrote:
> Which MGS2 had. I've seen guards legs sticking through solid lockers,
> their shins disappearing as you stacked them up against the wall. 2
> bugs right there in the code.
I've never seen that happen before
Sat 28/02/04 at 17:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
homosh wrote:
> No , no , hold it right there , this is not the kind of mistake I was
> talking about , he made the shell by his own will

yes i know he did

, if you read the
> final hours of mgs2 , you'd find that some of the people resposible
> for making the game (including Yoji Shinkawa ) told him that playing
> as Raiden would have a negative effect , and they tried to talk to
> him out of it , but he insisted , so the shell mistake was a mistake
> of his own choice

Yes because they knew what a totally rubbish character Raiden was and how stupid it was to replace Solid Snake with him. Of course Kojima was more interested in following his 'vision' then giving the gamer what we actually wanted.

, but the kind of mistake that I was talking about
> is a "Bug" , no one , and I mean no one can find in bugs in
> Hideo Kojima games , and I mean everyone of them , even the original
> metal gear (1987) , and Metal Gear 2 : Solid Snake (1990) , I've
> played both of them , and finished both of them , and they were
> faultless , and I enjoyed them from every prespective including
> gameplay even in this day and age , almost every US game out there
> has a bug.

Which MGS2 had. I've seen guards legs sticking through solid lockers, their shins disappearing as you stacked them up against the wall. 2 bugs right there in the code.
Sat 28/02/04 at 06:30
Regular
"..."
No , no , hold it right there , this is not the kind of mistake I was talking about , he made the shell by his own will , if you read the final hours of mgs2 , you'd find that some of the people resposible for making the game (including Yoji Shinkawa ) told him that playing as Raiden would have a negative effect , and they tried to talk to him out of it , but he insisted , so the shell mistake was a mistake of his own choice , but the kind of mistake that I was talking about is a "Bug" , no one , and I mean no one can find in bugs in Hideo Kojima games , and I mean everyone of them , even the original metal gear (1987) , and Metal Gear 2 : Solid Snake (1990) , I've played both of them , and finished both of them , and they were faultless , and I enjoyed them from every prespective including gameplay even in this day and age , almost every US game out there has a bug.
Fri 27/02/04 at 17:35
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
homosh wrote:
> Ok , Ok , if its meryl , then why didn't she appear in mgs2 ?? MGS2 is
> supposed to continue mgs1 after the bad ending , which means Meryl is
> dead , and if Ocelot was talking about her , she would have at least
> been mentioned in mgs2

Which she was, which is exactly my question in the first place. Otacon and Snake have a conversation on the codec and they say something, which seems to be about Meryl and then Snake goes silent in a reflective, remembering sort of way as if she had died or at least to his knowledge she had died. I'll have to play the game again to get the exact wording unless when i go to gamefaqs later i can find a game script to remember the exact words in that codec conversation.

, Hideo Kojima can't just neglect such an
> important character , besides , how do you explain the presence of
> the same phone call even after the good ending where Meryl was
> supposed to have escaped ? It can't be a mistake , this guy doesn't
> make mistakes ,

Raiden? The whole shell section? Rose? Come off it this guy makes as many mistakes as anyone else

his games have always been , and will always be
> perfect .

Lol funniest thing i've heard all day that (although granted i've only been up for about 15 minutes)
Fri 27/02/04 at 17:12
Regular
"..."
Ok , Ok , if its meryl , then why didn't she appear in mgs2 ?? MGS2 is supposed to continue mgs1 after the bad ending , which means Meryl is dead , and if Ocelot was talking about her , she would have at least been mentioned in mgs2 , Hideo Kojima can't just neglect such an important character , besides , how do you explain the presence of the same phone call even after the good ending where Meryl was supposed to have escaped ? It can't be a mistake , this guy doesn't make mistakes , his games have always been , and will always be perfect .
Thu 26/02/04 at 18:13
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
It still doesn't answer the question of if it wasn't Meryl who was it? The only thing you can give me is *i've got the girl* which is not any proof of it being Emma at all.
Thu 26/02/04 at 16:36
Regular
"..."
well , I already told you that Hideo Kojima wrote the mgs2 storyline in 1998 , so , he may have finished writing it by the time he had already finished the development of mgs1 , and about to release it , so he thought that it would be a good idea to give the people a glimpse of what's going to happen in mgs2 , you m also he did the same with solidus , solidus was never mentioned in mgs1 , so Hideo Kojima probably must have mentioned him after writing mgs2 , and the same thing about the fact that Ocelot wasn't actually working for liquid , he was working for solidus (at least he made us think so till after we fought the rays ) , and this was never mentioned in mgs1 , so he must have came up with all the stuff that were said during the phone call after writing mgs2 .

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.