GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Gear Solid Gamecube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid'.
Sat 21/02/04 at 21:01
Regular
": ("
I know this is the PS2 forum but i just wanted to know why this game hasn't got alot of antisapation, i dont have a GC but i was confused why a MGS game would have such a low antisapation level, knowone has talked about it, is it good or is it just a pants game to get PS2 owners pumped up for MGS: Snake Eater.
Sun 22/02/04 at 16:15
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
homosh wrote:
> They weren't talking about Meryl , they were talking about emma

She wasn't even introduced into the story yet.
Sun 22/02/04 at 12:49
Regular
"..."
lalakersrule wrote:
> Seeing as we're talking about MGS: SOL here i have a query
>
> ***Spoilers******
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Does anyone find it weird Kojima decided to go with the bad ending of
> MGS to carry on this story? After that mention of Meryl on the tanker
> level near the end (or at least i guess it was Meryl they were
> talking about) it kind of ruins a part of Solid Snake's legend. If
> she died that must mean that big bad tough guy snake gave up under
> torture to save his own hide. That kind of spoils his character a bit
> for me. Unless of course i misunderstand who they were talking about
> in that scene and it wasn't Meryl at all.
They weren't talking about Meryl , they were talking about emma
Sun 22/02/04 at 01:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Seeing as we're talking about MGS: SOL here i have a query

***Spoilers******

Does anyone find it weird Kojima decided to go with the bad ending of MGS to carry on this story? After that mention of Meryl on the tanker level near the end (or at least i guess it was Meryl they were talking about) it kind of ruins a part of Solid Snake's legend. If she died that must mean that big bad tough guy snake gave up under torture to save his own hide. That kind of spoils his character a bit for me. Unless of course i misunderstand who they were talking about in that scene and it wasn't Meryl at all.
Sat 21/02/04 at 23:32
Regular
I didnt play Metal Gear Solid when it first came on the Playstation. I have a Gamecube so I will be getting this game.
Sat 21/02/04 at 22:56
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
I think Twin Snakes might easily be one of the best games ever, and I agree with you so much about MGS2. Raiden and Rose sucked, the Tanker was amazing, the plant was awful, (bomb disposal and the scenery), Vamp was the only decent boss (couldn't even kill Fortune). God, the plant really was awful wasn't it? Now I think about, I'm realising how bad it was. Good GOD!
Sat 21/02/04 at 22:12
Regular
It wasn't crap but it was extremely disappointing. There were too many areas where I quetioned the motive for what was going on. I still prefer it to the over rated Splinter Cell and other similar style games but its a game I will remember for its cinematics more than anything else.
Sat 21/02/04 at 22:00
Regular
I dont think MGS:SOL is pants, its just that i expected far better than what they came up with.If i was to compare it to other games it would still be in my Exellent List.
Sat 21/02/04 at 21:53
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea i remember playing the demo too and i was like, this is going to be one of the best games ever. Then the whole shell section appeared and totally disappointed me. It was a huge let down. Usually i play a MGS a good 2 or 3 times through, this one i just couldn't wait for it to end and it got traded straight away
Sat 21/02/04 at 21:49
Regular
I remember getting the demo after I had recovered from a 5 day hosptial visit so I was actually relieved that I didn't have to play too long and that I could sit back and watch for a bit. Once the novelty had worn off and I had read the rest of the game would follow a similar yet ironically less impressive pattern I was very disappointed. After playing and completing it I was left wondering how awesome it could have been if they had cut nearly the whole middle section of the game. The ending where Snake and Raiden teamed up coupled with the Metal Gear Ray fight was equally as impressive as the tanker section, especially when Snake went full on into the sea after an impressive battle.

The Shell on the other hand was repetitive, uninspiring and anything but classic Metal Gear gameplay. It was hard to understand why such a talented director/writer had opted for such a meaningless and anti-Metal Gear style when the story was there to make it one of the best games ever.

If only...
Sat 21/02/04 at 21:46
Regular
I get this monthly mag called GamesMaster, its not bad, i only really get it because of the competitions. It gave MGS for GC a pecentage of about 80%.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.