GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Gear Solid Gamecube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid'.
Sat 21/02/04 at 21:01
Regular
": ("
I know this is the PS2 forum but i just wanted to know why this game hasn't got alot of antisapation, i dont have a GC but i was confused why a MGS game would have such a low antisapation level, knowone has talked about it, is it good or is it just a pants game to get PS2 owners pumped up for MGS: Snake Eater.
Sat 21/02/04 at 21:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Some of the game needed to be cut badly. The whole Vamp idea is about
> the only part of the shell that I really enjoyed.

Same here

The tanker section
> was faultless, true Metal Gear style gameplay with the right amount
> of cinematic feel.

That's true as well, if the game stayed in the tanker for the whole time, come up with more ideas and more locations and no Raiden then it probably would have been a AAA title in my eyes.

It was like Hideo Kojima just got completely
> carried away with the Shell section as gameplay more or less went out
> of the window and cinematics took over.

Someone should tell Kojima if he wants to get carried away with cinematics, do it in a movie, videogames are meant to be played not watched

The boss fights weren't that
> impressive either, Vamp was the only decent one there as well.

Was the only original fight anyway.
Sat 21/02/04 at 21:39
Regular
When i had MGS i always fought Vamp, i loved it. The other bosses i ignored.
Sat 21/02/04 at 21:37
Regular
I let one of my mate borrow MGS:SOL and he never gave it back, im not gonna ask for it back though, i've still got the special edition disc.
Sat 21/02/04 at 21:37
Regular
Some of the game needed to be cut badly. The whole Vamp idea is about the only part of the shell that I really enjoyed. The tanker section was faultless, true Metal Gear style gameplay with the right amount of cinematic feel. It was like Hideo Kojima just got completely carried away with the Shell section as gameplay more or less went out of the window and cinematics took over. The boss fights weren't that impressive either, Vamp was the only decent one there as well.
Sat 21/02/04 at 21:34
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Plus also Raiden and Rose have to be the 2 most annoying, totally rubbish videogame characters in history.

*Do you know what's special about April 30th?*

Shut up you daft bint i've got 3 metal gears trying to kill me here
Sat 21/02/04 at 21:32
Regular
But the majority ogf cinematics looked so sweet it actually made up for the lack of new ideas and areas towards the latter stages on the game. As FFF pointed out, some of the cinematics were seriously mind blowing. I still much prefer the original purely because there was more actual play time.

I agree though there were too many cut scenes.
Sat 21/02/04 at 21:30
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
Whether it
> will be better than Snake Eater is unknown, if Konami revert back to
> the classic gameplay from the original and cut down slightly on
> cinematics then Snake Eater could end up being an excellent game.

Slightly? I'd actually like to play at least more than 20% of this game, if i wanted to watch a movie i'd go to the cinema thank you Mr Kojima.
Sat 21/02/04 at 21:29
Regular
Providing it reverts back to the classic Metal Gear Solid gameplay it will be far better than Metal Gear Solid 2, hit or not.
Sat 21/02/04 at 21:28
Regular
I think the next MGS will be too hard for me, you haveto find, kill and eat snakes to keep your health up apart from that you still have to avoid getting shot by guards, mayhem!
Sat 21/02/04 at 21:26
Regular
Hmmm....it does actually sound good. Im not sure whether the PS2 one will be as successful as Sons of Liberty as it is set in a jungle meaning a totally different environment, the gameplay will be similar though as you can still hold up guards, eat snakes (??) etc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.