GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is the most over-rated game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/02/04 at 23:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
My vote would go to either FFX or MGS2.

What about you guys?
Sun 30/05/04 at 18:24
Regular
"The Red Shift"
lalakersrule wrote:
> My vote would go to either FFX or MGS2.
>
> What about you guys?

yey. i have to post 2 fewer words :)

:)

however, i would add that who so ever said dark chronicle is over-rated must have used a thesaurus incorrectly, because i don't see how an under- advertised, reasonable game can be over-rated?
Sun 30/05/04 at 18:24
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
MGS
Sun 30/05/04 at 17:41
Regular
Final Fantasy X.
Sun 30/05/04 at 16:44
Regular
Now this one seems to need a revival..
Mon 01/03/04 at 23:54
Regular
"Balls"
definalty MGS2 it was made out to be a defining game for PS2, but it fell short of all my expectations
Mon 01/03/04 at 20:51
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
homosh wrote:
> Wakka wrote:
> Legendary Link wrote:
>
> FFX was amazing, and i don't really call 8/10 over-rated, i would
> say
> under-rated.
>
> I agree, Final Fantasy X was under-rated. I'd give it a nine but its
> not good enough to get a ten. I think its better than Metal Gear
> Solid 2 and Soul Calibur which both got ten.
> Do you mean in th opsm2 ?

Yep.
Mon 01/03/04 at 20:33
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
But I guess one of the most over-rated games of recent times is Soul Calibur 2. I enjoyed Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast, but SC2 just doesn't seem to be as smooth, and the quest mode is nowhere near as good and is structured quite poorly. How on earth it got 10/10 in most mags is beyond me.
Mon 01/03/04 at 20:28
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Just recently I got MGS2 for the X-Box, so far it seems pretty good and I find the FMV scenes quite interesting. Besides, when I was on top of the oil rig I tried shooting some seagulls, and they 'crapped' on the 'screen' which was mighty funny, and a bit disgusting.

:)
Mon 01/03/04 at 20:10
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
M16 wrote:

> Where are all the Original Nuttas gone now?? Have we all forgotton
> the first time you got this game in your PS2 and being blown away.

I was blown away by the tanker level and then after that where i got to play, out of 6 hours, around 2 of them and having to watch the other 4 my rating went drastically down of it. Not only was it the same environments with you having to keep running back and forth between them the story went absolutely downhill and shockingly bad.

I'd give the tanker segment 9/10 and the shell segment about 3/10
Mon 01/03/04 at 20:05
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Really, really surprised at how many of you think that MGS2 is over-rated... not saying your WRONG, just surprised. Doesn't seem so long ago when the game first came out everyone was literally going mad on here saying how great it was.

Where are all the Original Nuttas gone now?? Have we all forgotton the first time you got this game in your PS2 and being blown away. I seem to remember curtain people (who will remain nameless lol)on here spening endless about of time shooting over buckets of ice then blasting the ice cubes!!!

Although, I do agree 10/10 was stupid... I think any game that gets 10/10 is a crazy, stupid, shockingly non-calculated, ludicrous decision by the Reviewers because they are basically saying it can't get any better... and as we all know, games that get realeased years down the line DO get better!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.