GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is the most over-rated game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/02/04 at 23:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
My vote would go to either FFX or MGS2.

What about you guys?
Mon 31/05/04 at 03:33
Regular
hm.. I like FFX, I mean it's the best I've seen on ps2 until now..
Mon 31/05/04 at 00:23
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
CTUbauer wrote:
> The Zelda games are all far overrated.

OOT was genius.

TWW never really grabbed me. I keep meaning to play it again.
Mon 31/05/04 at 00:21
Regular
"£77k - muahahahah"
The Zelda games are all far overrated.

And what are "cgd graphics"?
Sun 30/05/04 at 21:15
Regular
Well, perhaps it was more the characters than the storyline, but there was still a sense of strangeness to the plot. Some parts were pretty ridiculous, and I didn't feel as though I was part of an epic - nor did I get the feeling that Sin really did have so much power.

Can't really put my finger on it as such, just didn't do it for me. Still, the game was, all in all, a good, solid RPG.
Sun 30/05/04 at 21:04
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Mav wrote:
> I just found FFX a bit too linear with few side-quests, a poor
> storyline and annoying characters.

I'd say FFX's biggest problem is that it's very linear, so I'd agree with that. But there's actually quite a lot of extra stuff you can do if you take the time to look around, revisit places and search the map once you get the airship. I can't understand why you didn't like the storyline though, that's probably my favourite thing about it.
Sun 30/05/04 at 20:57
Regular
Ah yes, NFSU too.

I just found FFX a bit too linear with few side-quests, a poor storyline and annoying characters.
Sun 30/05/04 at 20:10
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I'd say Need For Speed Underground is way over-rated. I like FFX myself, but I can see why you think it's over-rated though. You're lucky enough to have access to the huge American and Japanese RPG's.

:)
Sun 30/05/04 at 20:07
Regular
"now speaks Japanese"
How can u say ffx was overrated. It was a masterpiece. X-2 on the otherhand was a big letdown. Where was all the cgd graphics and gripping storyline. We had singing and dancing for godsake.
Sun 30/05/04 at 18:43
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Might have guessed.
I was only joking there. I'm in the mood for MGS now though. This is the only MGS game i have is there any other good ones i should buy?
Sun 30/05/04 at 18:41
Regular
Squall wrote:
> MGS
Correction: MGS2, MGS was not overrated, mgs2 was.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.