GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I have Splinter Cell 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow'.
Thu 25/03/04 at 09:54
Regular
Gamestation are selling them normally. I went in expecting to blag an early sale but they were already on the shelves!

Now to get through this torture more commonly known as work...
Wed 31/03/04 at 22:15
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Aoe wrote:
> I still prefer R63, but it's a shame no one else does, i'll just have
> to stick to killing people i don't know.

RS3 i greater, by far online.

Just overplayed it, I have.

And SC2 online is just an elaborate game of Hide and Seek.

And I hate Hide and Seek.
Wed 31/03/04 at 22:07
Regular
I'm getting this hopefully tomorrow. it sounds a peach.
Wed 31/03/04 at 21:13
Regular
"8==="
*Realises he's probably been spy-bulleted*

"Creepy you bleeping bleeeep of a bleeep bleeepers bleeep"

Classic. ;D

Later on me and Poison J were mucking about with stuff like "We're REALLY going upstairs to the labs now... HONEST!!" :D
Tue 30/03/04 at 08:13
Regular
"\\"
I still prefer R63, but it's a shame no one else does, i'll just have to stick to killing people i don't know.
Mon 29/03/04 at 23:26
Regular
Aoe wrote:

> I've started to like it more i know what i'm doing, although it's
> still very annoying and unfair.

It's annoying at first. But once you start to learn the level layout and all the ways of getting back and forth it gets a hell of a lot better.

Currently my favourite Live game by a mile, I won't say it's the greatest Live game though as I've only had it since last Thursday.
Mon 29/03/04 at 17:03
Regular
"Remember me?"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> all Live games have voice chat....this isn't second rate PS2 online you
> know?

Daaaaaamn straight!
Mon 29/03/04 at 15:42
Regular
"\\"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Train mission is the 3rd mission, I thought it was pretty good but a
> bit too short for my liking. Also the carriage where you have to hang
> outside and make your way past the windows can be quite frustrating,
> there's one guy who sometimes sees you and then other time doesn't,
> didn't reallyt add up to be honest.

Heh. I did it the oppsite way of taking them out and stroling through the carriage. First i shot all the lights towards where you entered that carriage, switched the switch to turn the lights off which then makes the civillian come to try and switch it back on. Knock him out, turn the lights back off if he turned em on and hide him in the dark, whistle to get one of the guard up, knock him out, then hide him, repeat this last step on the last guard and you're done.

Took me an hour and 7 minutes before i finally did all this without being spotted

> Online this game is gold, snapping peoples necks and taunting them as
> you do it is just genius. I'm guessing I'll be loosing another day to
> this game, damn it! where did my weekend go?

I've started to like it more i know what i'm doing, although it's still very annoying and unfair.
Sun 28/03/04 at 22:59
Regular
Cwazy Wabbit wrote:
> Splinter Cell doesn't seem to be impressing many of you,

It's impressing me very much, by far one of the best games on Live. Really superb stuff, quite like no other online game I've ever played.

You're really missing out if you don't get it.

> Does Splinter Cell 2 have headset compatabilities?

Of course it does, all Live games have voice chat....this isn't second rate PS2 online you know?

Voice chat is one of the primary things in Splinter Cell 2, this is one game that really does demand teamwork if you want to suceed. None of that going alone nonsense from Rainbow Six 3, you really have to work together. Anyway, if there wasn't voice chat, you'd never get the chance to sneak up behind enemies, grab them by the throat and yell expletives at them before you snap their neck.

Genius!
Sun 28/03/04 at 19:08
Regular
": ("
Splinter Cell doesn't seem to be impressing many of you, i wasn't planning on getting it as i've just got Rainbow Six 3. I'd probably like RS3 better than SC2 because i dont like stealth...especially on Multiplayer.

Does Splinter Cell 2 have headset compatabilities?
If not, i'd probably find it extremely boring.
Sun 28/03/04 at 19:04
Regular
"8==="
Aoe wrote:
> I actually found the MP rather boring,

I know what you mean, the emphasis of one team is to completely avoid the other if possible, I've gone 8 minutes as a spy before running into a Merc, but that's all part of the game (and mines usually help).

it seemed too awkward with not
> enough players, and very irritating when i got sent about 10
> invitations, not one i was able to get into.

Yep had this too, it's because of the low amount of player and the fact that it's a new game, I created a game on the first day and it filled up in 15 seconds.

I also notice alot of
> games i enter just turning to "The game session is no longer
> available".

Ditto. (see above)

Some of the maps seem too complex.

Certainly, if you're a spy, you can find yourself going in circles every-so-often, there's no substitute but to learn the levels.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.