GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fave Zelda moments"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/04/04 at 00:28
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
There are some absolute classics! Some of which made the 64 the console it was!

Weve discussed a few in the majoras vs ocarina post but this post is concentrated on those absolutely fantastic moments which have made the series what it is.

A few of my Faves are:

The rebirth of the Deku tree in ocarina of time! When we thought that the Great deku tree was no more, up pops the cute little deku scrub! classic!

recieving the Zoras mask in Majoras mask and learning the New wave bossa nova. Easily one of the best zelda tunes ever and the zora mask was easily the best mask to feature in any of the games!

Being rescued from the forbidden fortress by the dragon and the prince in the Windwaker! easily one of the best cutscenes in the entire game! It was great seeing Gannons tower getting torched at the end.

Just a few of my personal faves. Whos got some better ones?
Fri 21/05/04 at 18:28
"period drama"
They had something basically the same as Nayru's Love in WW - that glowing shield thingy. Can't say I ever used it, though.
But then again, I didn't use Love either.
Fri 21/05/04 at 13:19
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> gerrid wrote:
> meepmeep meepmeep meepmeep.
>
> I hate miniblins.
> ARG THEY CAN RUN ON WALLS!
>
> They don't sound like that, foo'.
> More of a da-dank.
>
> Still scary though.
>
> THERE'S SO MANY OF THEM!
> RUN, STUPID ELF-BOY, RUN!
>
> etc.
>
> If WW only had Din's Fire. You could watch their stupid little
> grinning faces melt. Gits.

Dins fire was pure genius! That and nayrus love should be two items seriously considered for the new game.

The tomb of the royal family in OOt was the scariest place ever! those puddles of slime and the heaps of bones in the corners! It makes me whimper jus thinking bout the place...

The scariest place in MM was the basement of that lonely house when that man with the disease came at you! awwwwwwwwww, get away from me!!!!
Thu 20/05/04 at 21:16
"period drama"
gerrid wrote:
> meepmeep meepmeep meepmeep.
>
> I hate miniblins.
> ARG THEY CAN RUN ON WALLS!

They don't sound like that, foo'.
More of a da-dank.

Still scary though.

THERE'S SO MANY OF THEM!
RUN, STUPID ELF-BOY, RUN!

etc.

If WW only had Din's Fire. You could watch their stupid little grinning faces melt. Gits.
Thu 20/05/04 at 19:12
Regular
You've all inspired me to go and play OOT again.

I hope you're happy.
Thu 20/05/04 at 19:00
Regular
"bit of a brain"
meepmeep meepmeep meepmeep.

I hate miniblins.
ARG THEY CAN RUN ON WALLS!
Thu 20/05/04 at 18:54
"period drama"
Also:
The zombies on OoT, which actually made me wee my pants. In a good way.

But worse:
Those little imp things in WW (miniblins, apparently) scared the shiznit out of me. Just that noise .... *shudder*
And their wall-climbing antics.

Mummy!

And the opening of WW - waking up on the platform and seeing the whole island below you - genius.
Thu 20/05/04 at 18:50
"period drama"
In OoT, nicking the fishing manager guy's hat with the fishing rod.
Most genius.

Frozen Hyrule, of course.
Thu 20/05/04 at 18:08
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The Lens of truth made that puppy racing game all too easy. I loved Majora's mask but I always get things confused with OOT, as they were so similar.
Thu 20/05/04 at 14:35
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Those are some seriously quality moments. Fishing in particular.

I swear i must have spent whole days in the fish pool. It has to be easily the greatest mini game of all time! I remember finding the hidden lure and then realing in 20 lb fish only to find out that it didnt count becuase I was using an illegal lure! The insults I hurled at the manager and his receeding hairline are unrepeatable!

The second best mini game has to be scottish terrier racing on romani ranch! Pure genius! picking a dog with light paws then watch him go from last to first on the final bend! and that annoying blue dog which always lost!
Thu 20/05/04 at 12:37
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Pringle28 wrote:
> There was an amazing FMV scene in OOT

There wasn't any FMV in OOT, or any Nintendo game for that matter.

My favourite moments are, in order:

- Making any progress in A Link To The Past, because it seemed so damn hard when I was only 9 years old.

- Getting the sword and shield in OOT. I loved that bit so much. I remember getting the game on christmas day, and that opening will always bring back such wonderful memories of being totally in awe of the game.

- Saria's song

- That Owl, and the music that played while you talked to him

- Fighting the Lizalfos in Dodongo's cabin, because you actually needed a strategy to defeat them.

- How solid King Dodongo looked, and the satisfaction gained when you threw that last bomb into his mouth and he rolls into the lava

- Finding all the chickens in Kakariko village, and figuring out that you had to float from the door to the windmill over that huge fence to get the last two.

- Getting the sun song and being able to avoid all those stupid skeltons in Hyrule Field at night.

- Finally beating that stupid pre-boss octopus that just ran in circles Inside Jabu-Jabu.

- The entire section where you place the stones in the Temple of Time and then grow up old. I was so amazed at how cool link looked when he was older. And then you go outside and the town is filled with zombies aaaaarg! I hated zombies.

- Remembering the way through the Lost woods and entering the temple. The music in the Forest Temple is rediculously creepy.

- Being terrified of those falling hands, and that whhhhhhhhhhhhh sound they made as their shadow got bigger over you.

- Getting the bow and arrows and realising that it's the coolest thing in any game ever.

- Getting the Megaton hammer in the Fire temple and finally being able to bang all those damn switches.

- Running terrified from those weird cylindrical blobby things that ate your shield.

- Getting Epona and riding her around for hours on end.

- Figuring out the puzzles in the Water Temple, and finally understanding the whole water level changing thing.

- Learning the Song of Storms - and then figuring out you have to go back in time to teach it to the man that taught it to you. Paradoxically wonderful

- The hover boots, and how ridiculously useless they actually were.

- Finishing the Shadow Temple (I hate that place so very, very much)

- When you fall off the bridge leading to the Gerudo Fortress and end up in Lake Hylia.

- Playing Hide and Seek in the Gerudo fortress, before having some of the toughest sword battles ever with those Gerudo guards. Then watching the carpenters waddle off (how did they avoid the guards on the way out?)

- That horseback archery game.

- The entire spirit temple, especially all the mirror based puzzles involving the Mirror shield, which is the coolest shield in any game ever.

- Fishing, and catching a 16lb Lunker on your first try, after battling with it for about 5 minutes. Then you get the golden scale and you can finally dive to the bottom of the weird scientists pool to get that heart piece. Also, fishing in general.

- Getting the gauntlets and being able to lift those massive rocks. One of which gave you access to that fairy who puts whiteness around your hearts, making yo almost invincible. ha.

- Finishing the game and then starting out all over again.

- All of the characters in Majora's Mask, and the things that you had to do for them.

I have millions moe but I'm off to play OOT again. I'm so happy with Nintendo for giving it to me again, for free. Hurrey!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.