GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fave Zelda moments"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/04/04 at 00:28
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
There are some absolute classics! Some of which made the 64 the console it was!

Weve discussed a few in the majoras vs ocarina post but this post is concentrated on those absolutely fantastic moments which have made the series what it is.

A few of my Faves are:

The rebirth of the Deku tree in ocarina of time! When we thought that the Great deku tree was no more, up pops the cute little deku scrub! classic!

recieving the Zoras mask in Majoras mask and learning the New wave bossa nova. Easily one of the best zelda tunes ever and the zora mask was easily the best mask to feature in any of the games!

Being rescued from the forbidden fortress by the dragon and the prince in the Windwaker! easily one of the best cutscenes in the entire game! It was great seeing Gannons tower getting torched at the end.

Just a few of my personal faves. Whos got some better ones?
Thu 20/05/04 at 11:35
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Jumping the bridge for the first time on Epona is cool.

In fact, OOT is just genius.
Thu 20/05/04 at 11:34
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Dakarus Joe wrote:
> One of my favorate moments in OOT is going to Gerudo Valley and
> jumpind of the bridge into the river below. Possibly the best falling
> moment ever even better then jumping of the Great Wall Of China in
> Tomb Raider2.

It was even better when you jumped off holding a chciken. you floated for ages whilst the chicken had an epilectic fit in mid air!
Thu 20/05/04 at 11:24
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
One of my favorate moments in OOT is going to Gerudo Valley and jumpind of the bridge into the river below. Possibly the best falling moment ever even better then jumping of the Great Wall Of China in Tomb Raider2.
Thu 20/05/04 at 10:41
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Broly wrote:
> Solskjær wrote:
> Galacticdramon wrote:
> "P.S. What is the main villain really called in the game?
> Zelda calls him Ganondorf, but everyone else just calls him Ganon.
> Weird..."

> -----
>
> Oh, God, no... Do you really have to ask?!
>
> GANON is short for GANONDORF!
>
>
> Ganon. Ganon-dorf!
>
> Do you see it now? :P
>
> Actually, Ganondorf is a human. Ganon is the evil beast that
> Ganondorf becomes.
>
> But, answering the main question:
>
> My favorite Zelda moment is when...
>
> Alright, I don't have a favorite moment. The entire series is good!

I always thought that Ganon was the beat form of gannondorf who is the man form that is not as powerfull.

In ocarina of time you firstly beat ganondorf who then turns into ganon however in the windwaker when you walk into the final fight chamber he is already ganon and therefore when you beat him he turns back into gannondorf and that is why he is easier to kill and finsih off in the final stage of the fight.

I hope that made sense...
Thu 20/05/04 at 01:52
Regular
"The Legendary S.S."
Solskjær wrote:
> Galacticdramon wrote:
> "P.S. What is the main villain really called in the game?
> Zelda calls him Ganondorf, but everyone else just calls him Ganon.
> Weird..."

> -----
>
> Oh, God, no... Do you really have to ask?!
>
> GANON is short for GANONDORF!
>
>
> Ganon. Ganon-dorf!
>
> Do you see it now? :P

Actually, Ganondorf is a human. Ganon is the evil beast that Ganondorf becomes.

But, answering the main question:

My favorite Zelda moment is when...

Alright, I don't have a favorite moment. The entire series is good!
Wed 19/05/04 at 23:43
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
There was an amazing FMV scene in OOT when Impa and zelda came charging along hyrule drawbridge at night followed by gannondorf. Looking at the new trailer im pretty sure that the castle has a similar looking drawbridge and inner walkway (however with more detail now) from the shot where link rides out and the end shot where he sheaths his sword. Im pretty sure now from looking at those shots that this is infact hyrule castle. Whether or not it is set before or after the windwaker is still a mystery but atleast the game will be set in hyrule by the looks of things.
Tue 13/04/04 at 17:46
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Link's Awakening's Mambo Song was great for comedy value.. but seeing the island vanish at the end of the game and all the locations you've explored and fought in fade away.. that was great.

Wind Waker - the music when you warp using Ballad of the Gales always sends chills down my spine. I agree with whoever said about Valoo coming to rescue and torching Ganon's cabin, that was pure class. As was the King reaching out for Link's hand in the submerged Hyrule, then pulling it back.

Still.. Skies is better than any Zelda. :)
Tue 13/04/04 at 17:25
Regular
When frozen Hyrule comes to life and all those bad guys start moving...I just knew it was going to happen and yet I was still amazed.
Tue 13/04/04 at 16:30
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Heh. Whenever I go to re-play Ocarina of Time, it still makes me laugh the first-time you get than Goron-bloke (who's name I forget...) dancing. :)

In Majora's Mask, one of the first great things for me came on your first return to the First Day; after you got your Ocarina back and were able to lose the Déku Scrub-spirit within you. Also, hearing that tune down in the tavern (the one where all are playing together), hearing that for the first time, in all it's brilliance...

And, in The Wind Waker, I think seeing this "toon-rendered" Gannondorf for the very first time was one of the best parts of this game. Like in other Zelda games, you hear a lot about him, but don't actually see him until the time comes for the you to meet. He looks so-different in this one, yet, still so powerful, evil and colourful.

It also felt great when I had finally completed that endless dungeon-after-dungeon of enemies to get the Triforce chart at the end of it (again, I forget what it's called, but it's on your home island, and we were all talking about it, once...). And that Giant Pig, too. Annoying him and having him chase you 'round the island... Or, just picking him off and lugging him over the edge of the tallest of cliffs. :)
Tue 13/04/04 at 16:19
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Galacticdramon wrote:
"P.S. What is the main villain really called in the game? Zelda calls him Ganondorf, but everyone else just calls him Ganon. Weird..."
-----

Oh, God, no... Do you really have to ask?!

GANON is short for GANONDORF!

Ganon. Ganon-dorf!

Do you see it now? :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.