GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fave Zelda moments"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/04/04 at 00:28
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
There are some absolute classics! Some of which made the 64 the console it was!

Weve discussed a few in the majoras vs ocarina post but this post is concentrated on those absolutely fantastic moments which have made the series what it is.

A few of my Faves are:

The rebirth of the Deku tree in ocarina of time! When we thought that the Great deku tree was no more, up pops the cute little deku scrub! classic!

recieving the Zoras mask in Majoras mask and learning the New wave bossa nova. Easily one of the best zelda tunes ever and the zora mask was easily the best mask to feature in any of the games!

Being rescued from the forbidden fortress by the dragon and the prince in the Windwaker! easily one of the best cutscenes in the entire game! It was great seeing Gannons tower getting torched at the end.

Just a few of my personal faves. Whos got some better ones?
Mon 24/05/04 at 00:49
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
tphi wrote:
> Hook Shot in Link's Awakening was rather marvellous I seem to
> remember. And the Flame Rod.
>
> Can't believe anyone hasn't said the Wind Waker yet, that's a pretty
> cool item.

Yeah it was pretty cool in what it was capable of but Link twirled it around a bit too camply for my liking.
Sun 23/05/04 at 22:25
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Hook Shot in Link's Awakening was rather marvellous I seem to remember. And the Flame Rod.

Can't believe anyone hasn't said the Wind Waker yet, that's a pretty cool item.
Sun 23/05/04 at 19:40
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Granny's placenta soup. Yummy.
> And them pear things, only because you get to be a seagul = most
> good.

could they actually do anything other than control seagulls?
The bait bag was such a waste of time beacue there was only two types of bait!! so was the delivery bag. Both of them were a waste of space...
Sun 23/05/04 at 19:33
"period drama"
Granny's placenta soup. Yummy.
And them pear things, only because you get to be a seagul = most good.
Sun 23/05/04 at 18:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Fairy Bow
Epona
Sun 23/05/04 at 18:44
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
new zelda topic
Whats your fave item?
It can be anything, not just a weapon but anything that could be used from any game...

heres a few of mine;
1.ricky the kangaroo (oracle of seasons)
2.grappling hook (WW)
3.bunny hood (MM)
4.zora mask (MM)
5.Big Goron sword (OOT)
6.fire tunic (OOT)
7.Pegasus boots (Links awakening)

They're in no particlar order...
Sat 22/05/04 at 22:29
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Pencilpal33 wrote:
> Pringle28 wrote:
> oh how people change! *sob*
>
> Yea, he has sorta become a power obsessed slavedriver up there with
> his 'brothers' or whatever, and in my opinion, I think you should
> reluctantly pay up for the map prices, and when he's not looking, nab
> his wallet. :D
>
> I think you 'save' him by movin some pots in his little dungeon place
> and pressing the switch, such an ingenious way of locking him up..

Oh yeah that was it! cheers!

yeah those ridiculous prices! Link should have just said to him,
"look im trying to save the world here you wannabe fairy man and now I can't because of your own selfish greed, so translate my triforce charts for free or i'll cut your balls off and tie them to that pretty little hat of yours"
Sat 22/05/04 at 21:37
Regular
"Oh no! Starwolf!"
Pringle28 wrote:
> oh how people change! *sob*

Yea, he has sorta become a power obsessed slavedriver up there with his 'brothers' or whatever, and in my opinion, I think you should reluctantly pay up for the map prices, and when he's not looking, nab his wallet. :D

I think you 'save' him by movin some pots in his little dungeon place and pressing the switch, such an ingenious way of locking him up..
Sat 22/05/04 at 19:03
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
jus been playing the windwaker again and ive forgotten how to save tingle!?

does anyone remember?

I think I preffered Tingle in MM cos he was kind of lonely and you felt sorry for him becuase he had a fat dad who worked in a swamp.

Now he's quite up himself and has isolated himself on a fancy island with some camp mates who do all the work for him... oh how people change! *sob*
Sat 22/05/04 at 08:50
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
God, this is very hard. The last time I played Zelda: OOT and MM was two or three years ago so I have forgotten most of the names, so any help would be appreciated. Right, here goes:

Orcarina of Time

The brilliant cut-scene with Ganon and someone else whom I have forgotten, you know, the one where the ride out of Hyrule on horses in the darkness. Brilliant.

The lovely peace in the starting villiage in OOT, Everyone knew each other and they were all there to help you out. Also, going through the maze and finding the first sword.

The first level (Inside the Deku Tree, I think it was called). I loved the way you had to do all of the puzzles and get to the top then jump down through the web to the basement. As it was my first ever Zelda game, I was amazed. Also, the boss was in my opinion, was a work of art.

Waking up the guy who was just outside the castle I think. The guy that you wake up with a rooster and then he sprints off.

Learning emotional songs from people to play on your orcarina, it brought a tear to my eye.

Helping out the Gorans by unblocking the boulder on the mountain.

Going into Dondongo's Cave and fighting the majestic, flame-engulfed boss.

Going into Hyrule for the first time and seeing how brilliant it was.

Helping the Zora people. Sorry, but I can't remember any of that dungeon.

Placing all of the stones in Hyrule Temple and becoming Adult Link, possibly my favourite gaming moment ever.

Going into all of the temple, can't remember what they were called, though.

Fighting the werewolfs outside the Grassy Temple (I am going to make up names to help me out) and then going through the maze to meet Saria.

The very emotional moment with Saria playing a song.

How very scary the Grassy Temple was. I was only seven or eight at the time. I only remember one thing clearly fro that temple: The weird room which twisted around.

I can't remember the next few temples but I can remember creeping into the place with the guards all around. Hiding while beautiful music is being played is a brilliant joy.

I remember a very creepy temple indeed. I remember using the Mirror Shield to do somthing in it. I think it was called the Shadow or Spirit Temple or something. Anyway, I remember fighting two witches who were extremely hard to beat.

I remember the farm where you got a horse. That was brilliant. And the chicken mini-game aswell, in which you won a bottle.

I remember fighting the big boss guy, Ganod or Ganon. That was a brilliant fight.

Oh sod it, I'll do more later. It's too hard. This has nearly brought a tear to my eye. I'll do the MM moments later. *runs off to play OOT*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.