GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fave Zelda moments"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/04/04 at 00:28
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
There are some absolute classics! Some of which made the 64 the console it was!

Weve discussed a few in the majoras vs ocarina post but this post is concentrated on those absolutely fantastic moments which have made the series what it is.

A few of my Faves are:

The rebirth of the Deku tree in ocarina of time! When we thought that the Great deku tree was no more, up pops the cute little deku scrub! classic!

recieving the Zoras mask in Majoras mask and learning the New wave bossa nova. Easily one of the best zelda tunes ever and the zora mask was easily the best mask to feature in any of the games!

Being rescued from the forbidden fortress by the dragon and the prince in the Windwaker! easily one of the best cutscenes in the entire game! It was great seeing Gannons tower getting torched at the end.

Just a few of my personal faves. Whos got some better ones?
Thu 27/05/04 at 07:21
Regular
": ("
Sailing the boat is the best part on Zelda.
Thu 27/05/04 at 00:17
Regular
I never thought of using out at sea, where you needed it most. :-D
Wed 26/05/04 at 23:43
Regular
I thought the telescope was quite useful.

Especially considering the absolutely brilliant draw-distance in the game.
Wed 26/05/04 at 22:54
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Pringle28 wrote:
> The telescope was also another wasted inventory space.

As was that Delivery Bag.. kinda pointless.

Another thing was there wasn't a proper trading game.. there was the thing with the shop keeper, and getting all of the items for him to sell was fun, but you didn't really get anything out of it but a bit of heart.
Wed 26/05/04 at 22:34
Regular
"The Ocarina of Time"
Playing OOT was the biggest adventure of my life!

There's simply too many good memories and fave moments. None bad. Not even finishing OOT was bad, because I simply started playing it all over again.

That game is and will always be the best game of all time. And I won't change that even for the new GC Zelda. (ok maybe I might if it sticks to the OOT epic-ness of story and fits nicely with the series)
Wed 26/05/04 at 12:43
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
tphi wrote:
> Playing through Wind Waker again.. the Red Quest though. Amazing how
> much I've forgotten. How fun hiding under barrels and creeping past
> Moblins is, the brilliance of snatching your enemy's weapon and
> twotting them round the head with it.. Genius. Will the latest Zelda
> match it?

Coarse it will! I hope we get some more info on it sometime soon. I'm sure nintendo will want to keep the hype at high level for publicity reasons.

I think the windwaker didnt have enough good items. The deku leaf, bow, grapple hook, boomerang and skull hammer were all cool, but there was alot of useless stuff too. I didnt think there was any need for the hookshot when there was already the grapple hook and boomerang. The iron boots were definately a waste of time as you could only use them in one place! They could aso have made the sail part of the boat and made you press a button to put it down or bring it up. The telescope was also another wasted inventory space.
Wed 26/05/04 at 11:09
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Well DUH
Tue 25/05/04 at 23:25
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Playing through Wind Waker again.. the Red Quest though. Amazing how much I've forgotten. How fun hiding under barrels and creeping past Moblins is, the brilliance of snatching your enemy's weapon and twotting them round the head with it.. Genius. Will the latest Zelda match it?
Tue 25/05/04 at 10:40
Regular
"gsybe you!"
In wanted to boot him off that cliff.

The bow in any Zelda game is pretty sweet. I like the Skull Hammer in WW too.
Mon 24/05/04 at 23:08
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Pringle28 wrote:
> tphi wrote:
> Hook Shot in Link's Awakening was rather marvellous I seem to
> remember. And the Flame Rod.
>
> Can't believe anyone hasn't said the Wind Waker yet, that's a pretty
> cool item.
>
> Yeah it was pretty cool in what it was capable of but Link twirled it
> around a bit too camply for my liking.

You want that Elvis bloke for really camp dancing.. heh he was funny.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.