GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bloody Network Adapter!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/04/04 at 13:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So there i am, back from Canada and bought Socom 2 ready for some nice online action of slaughtering innocent people from Slough and other such places and i go to hook up my internet connection and set everything up. Well do you think i can bloody do it? Nope, all i get is that stupid red dot and connection cannot be established. Fair enough i'd think if i was trying to set it up using a router or something but i'm using a direct connection supposedly the simplest bloody method. Yet as you can see when i hook back up my internet cable to my modem i can get on the net fine, i just can't seem to get my PS2 online. I'm using my old cable i used to use when i got online before so i have absolutely no clue on why it isn't working anymore.

Needless to say i'm not a happy bunny at the moment
Wed 14/04/04 at 10:29
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Personally i think it's a conspiracy of socom players europe wide to stop me getting online with my claymores. They've had a good 2 months of safe gaming with no claymores to worry about but as soon as i get back on that'll change :-D
Wed 14/04/04 at 10:29
Regular
"The Red Shift"
lalakersrule wrote:
> There's probably something damn obvious i'm missing

a full stop
:D

sounds puzzling. the xbox is quite easy to set up but it costs.
Wed 14/04/04 at 10:28
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea that's off, that's what got me the last time i tried to connect so i knew about that this time. I think the computer itself is missing a lead somewhere. Going to try again later and if it doesn't work then i'll just smash the damn thing into many pieces
Wed 14/04/04 at 10:26
Regular
"[UA] HAHA poo pants"
On central station where it asks if you use a password and username to connect, make sure that is set to no as that is what made me pull my hair out.
Wed 14/04/04 at 09:59
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
It was easy for me before i just plugged it in and off i went so i don't know what's wrong with it now. It hasn't moved from my room or playstation itself for 4 months. There's probably something damn obvious i'm missing
Wed 14/04/04 at 08:11
Regular
Well, setting up the NA was very easy for me; screw it to the back, insert the cable on both ends and register; I was playing NHL Hitz Pro in 10 minutes...
Wed 14/04/04 at 08:07
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Just sell the Network Adapter.
Wed 14/04/04 at 06:27
Regular
I remember the hassle of getting my PS2 online. Why couldn't it be just as easy as the Xbox?

If you haven't changed/altered anything on the adapter or the BB socket at home, maybe the NA is damaged? It could have taken a shock if it was in your suitcase...

Just a thought, but I can't really think why else it would not be working if everything is the same as before.
Wed 14/04/04 at 02:32
Regular
In which case the screen display contents wouldn't have done much good...

And the instructions are written clearly in both the manual and the card with the temp ID registrations codes.
Wed 14/04/04 at 01:55
Regular
"£77k - muahahahah"
It's easy to set up, but the bloody screen doesn't tell you to write down your serial number BEFORE you screw the adaptor in, which annoyed me. THEY SHOULD WRITE IT ON THE FICKING BOX!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.