GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bloody Network Adapter!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/04/04 at 13:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So there i am, back from Canada and bought Socom 2 ready for some nice online action of slaughtering innocent people from Slough and other such places and i go to hook up my internet connection and set everything up. Well do you think i can bloody do it? Nope, all i get is that stupid red dot and connection cannot be established. Fair enough i'd think if i was trying to set it up using a router or something but i'm using a direct connection supposedly the simplest bloody method. Yet as you can see when i hook back up my internet cable to my modem i can get on the net fine, i just can't seem to get my PS2 online. I'm using my old cable i used to use when i got online before so i have absolutely no clue on why it isn't working anymore.

Needless to say i'm not a happy bunny at the moment
Sun 18/04/04 at 13:47
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ok thanks for that mate i'll order it tomorrow. Good to have you back anyway, one of the old PS2 crew back when this forum was actually full of interesting intelligent topics.
Sun 18/04/04 at 13:45
Regular
Yeah, that link is exactly the cable you need to go from a PS2 to a cable modem.

CAT 5 RJ45 connection, straight through, NOT a cross-over cable.
Sun 18/04/04 at 13:44
Regular
Dunno, we'll wait and see if Ispend much time on my PC, only really post on here when I should really be doing some JAVA programming, and now I have linux on my PS2, I can still post on the internet while developing for that too.

So I might be here a little more over the summer, going to make a 2d mario style platformer, and then move onto a 3d game engine for the PS2 as something to get ready for my 4th year at uni next year :D
Sun 18/04/04 at 13:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ooooh 5 metres eh? That should be more than long enough, as it's CAT5 it should work with my PS2 shouldn't it? That's the type of cable that comes with the NA?
Sun 18/04/04 at 13:41
Regular
[URL]http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/q_GG8619_network_cable_5_me.html[/URL]

This will take you to the SR 5m cable, a decent price at £5.99, that's what you'd expect to pay in a decent shop for one of these, and about double in PC World or Dixons :D

You could also try Tesco, I know the store here I work in sells cheap network cables.
Sun 18/04/04 at 13:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Icaruss wrote:
> Well, online play for PS2 isn't that good. SOCOM - probably the most
> popular online PS2 game - is dull to play, it's just a case of
> braindead hiding and shooting.

Maybe but there's just something strangely addictive about it and very satisfying when after hearing some 14 year old muppet from Scunthorpe, who shouldn't even be playing the game in the first place, run his mouth to blow it away with a well placed sniper shot to the head
Sun 18/04/04 at 13:40
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Bonus wrote:
> Oh, as for reading your regular posts, I might have been registered
> for ages, but I only started posting here again last week after about
> a year :D

Yea i had wondered where you had disappeared to, you staying now or is this a fly by visit?
Sun 18/04/04 at 13:38
Regular
Oh, as for reading your regular posts, I might have been registered for ages, but I only started posting here again last week after about a year :D
Sun 18/04/04 at 13:37
Regular
Well, online play for PS2 isn't that good. SOCOM - probably the most popular online PS2 game - is dull to play, it's just a case of braindead hiding and shooting. Same with the 6 player Rainbox Six 3. ANd yup, SOCOM is mukky and dark.
Sun 18/04/04 at 13:37
Regular
Propbably not where you stay.

The cheapest places are in local computer stores, and well, seeing as I live in Dundee, I doubt you'd want to waste your time coming here to buy one :D

I paid £4 for a straight through 2m cable in a local shop :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.