GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Treatment of newbies. Again."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/07/01 at 12:08
Regular
Last night I went on a rampage on the fog, attacking some newbies because I expected more from their writings, a few minutes later, I flipped the coin, and started to help one newbie how to write decent topics.

So here is my suggestion.

In the period of time that a person is a newbie, this person is expected to LEARN how to write correctly, to make interesting topics, and not to bore us to death with console wars topics.

However. Once this person reaches the regular status, if they still continue to make useless topics and bad posts, I have nothing against attacking them. We should not expect newbies to learn so quickly, but we should not expect regulars to get away with rubbish topics.

I am, including notables in when I say regulars.

I would also like to suggest that anyone who does attack newbies instead of helping them from now on is banned from the forums. Yes, this goes for everyone too.

So, all in all:

Newbies shall be helped to reach the correct path of writing, by giving them constructive critism, and trying to help them become better writers.

Only when they reach regular status will they be expected to make good topics. THIS GOES FOR ALL REGULARS/NOTABLES WHO ARE ALREADY SO AS WELL.

If regulars/notables are found to be bullying newbies they shall be banned.

I hope that these rules can be enforced. If you believe these rules should be enforced, please state so below. If not, state, and give reasons.
Sat 21/07/01 at 15:19
Regular
Ok, let me just say again.

It's not spamming this is about. It's about how well the topics are written. Quick example here, there is an obvious difference between:

"i have a gameboy advance and i think its great because it has loads of games like fzero mario tony hawks and its great with friends."

And:

"The Gameboy advance is a great step up in the world of portable gaming... not just because of the graphics, but also, the way it's changed the face of multiplayer gaming.

With such games as F-Zero and Mario to play with friends, it's never been a better time to go for long trips!"
Sat 21/07/01 at 15:14
Regular
I agrea with you "stick474".
Sat 21/07/01 at 15:09
hey Grix Thraves i think that it would be a good idea to enforce your rules in the Prime Topics section of FOG as newbies aren't allowed to enter topics there, that would mean that any spamming over there would have been done by a regular or a notable.

I think that the chat section of FOG tends to have lots of different types of topics ranging from funny ones to really serious ones, and as any user can enter topics here i think that it is best to leave the rules as they are.
Sat 21/07/01 at 15:08
Regular
Stick474 wrote:

"I don't think that the rules should be enforced. I like replying to the odd funny topic and i also like writing silly topics myself sometimes."

No, not silly topics. Silly topics are great, and wonderful to read... if they are well written. You see, that's the point. I'm not against what content is in here, just how it's displayed.
Sat 21/07/01 at 15:04
Regular
Good point "Stick474"!
Sat 21/07/01 at 14:55
I don't think that the rules should be enforced. I like replying to the odd funny topic and i also like writing silly topics myself sometimes. I think that the forum is ok as it is, ok some people abuse the rule and create loads of stupid topics but to ensure the forum doesn't become a boring place with no joking about at all i suppose this is what we will have to put up with.
Sat 21/07/01 at 14:22
I don't need to be a regular, and I won't spam.
Sat 21/07/01 at 14:22
Good guess, but the point of Amazon2K1 is to erm, I don't know.

Anyhoo, You are a great member of the forums.
Sat 21/07/01 at 14:21
Regular
"Rendering Women."
I am er-no, just the other half, I am guessing you are Dan2k1 trying to get another name up to regular status.

Is this true?
Sat 21/07/01 at 14:19
er-yes wrote:
> Amazon2K1 wrote:
> er-no was very annoying, then he became
> great!

Who the hell are you! Should I take this as a compliment,
> I think its better than:

'er-no was very great, then he became
> annoying!'

Who the hell are you? I was aiming that at er-no!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.