GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Treatment of newbies. Again."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/07/01 at 12:08
Regular
Last night I went on a rampage on the fog, attacking some newbies because I expected more from their writings, a few minutes later, I flipped the coin, and started to help one newbie how to write decent topics.

So here is my suggestion.

In the period of time that a person is a newbie, this person is expected to LEARN how to write correctly, to make interesting topics, and not to bore us to death with console wars topics.

However. Once this person reaches the regular status, if they still continue to make useless topics and bad posts, I have nothing against attacking them. We should not expect newbies to learn so quickly, but we should not expect regulars to get away with rubbish topics.

I am, including notables in when I say regulars.

I would also like to suggest that anyone who does attack newbies instead of helping them from now on is banned from the forums. Yes, this goes for everyone too.

So, all in all:

Newbies shall be helped to reach the correct path of writing, by giving them constructive critism, and trying to help them become better writers.

Only when they reach regular status will they be expected to make good topics. THIS GOES FOR ALL REGULARS/NOTABLES WHO ARE ALREADY SO AS WELL.

If regulars/notables are found to be bullying newbies they shall be banned.

I hope that these rules can be enforced. If you believe these rules should be enforced, please state so below. If not, state, and give reasons.
Sun 22/07/01 at 18:19
CJC wrote:
> 100 posts in 24 hours, impressive!

not any more.
Sun 22/07/01 at 18:06
Regular
100 posts in 24 hours, impressive!
Sun 22/07/01 at 17:15

Magic.
Sun 22/07/01 at 17:10
Sun 22/07/01 at 16:37
Regular
"You've upset me"
The Game wrote:
You might have a bit of trouble with Goaty and
> Wookiee and i'll be dammed if RBS ever makes any sense!

~ Game

I'll never make sense all ways! It's just I confused got and in the beggining it ended!

:-D
Sun 22/07/01 at 16:34
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Grix? BORING....

ZZZZZZZ

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I don't like the sound of not being able to insult newbies, but if everyone else can conform I suppose I can too.

You might have a bit of trouble with Goaty and Wookiee and i'll be dammed if RBS ever makes any sense!

~ Game
Sun 22/07/01 at 16:04
Regular
*mumble mumble only an idea mumble mumble* :D

Points raised:

Game thinks that if I can enforce laws, then all notables will start behaving like they own the place. I'm only suggesting laws that could and have been discussed by the group, and the general outcome is no, which I'm fine with.

Tarrant suggests not banning but rules to stop people from typing in net speak, I think this is a good idea.

I think Ant said something about me not being boring but I didn't read all of it. Thanks anyway. :0)
Sun 22/07/01 at 15:49
Regular
"You've upset me"
I time bomb...
Sun 22/07/01 at 15:44
Regular
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Thank you Stick, that means a lot to me.

:-)
Sun 22/07/01 at 15:39
Regular
"I like cheese"
CJC wrote:
> All that is just confusing, whatare you trying to do bore us !!

Grix doesn't bore you. Nothing of his is boring.

Unless it's a witty insult. I don't like those at all, becuase he directs them at me sometimes.

{:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.