GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Got £40 to blow...Ninja Gaiden or Hitman: Contracts"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/04/04 at 00:35
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Got £40 to blow...Ninja Gaiden or Hitman: Contracts
Tue 27/04/04 at 15:20
Regular
Hitman 2 did pretty well in magazines...
Tue 27/04/04 at 12:25
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> but for a
> game to get 6.6 there must be something wrong with it.

It's not a mainstream game, that's what's wrong with it. The Hitman series has never done well with magazine reviews, so I wouldn't expect any less from a retarded magazine like OXM.

You just have to read the reviews from sites like IGN and Gamespot to see that they really don't do the games justice. They rave about the amazing game mechanics and levels design, then go on to give the game low scores. What Hitman lacks in polish, it makes up for in the design and amazing detail and depth of the levels.

Any review that compares Hitman to games like Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Solid totally discredits itself, they're 2 totally different games and this seems to be what reviewers don't understand.
Tue 27/04/04 at 11:39
Regular
ßulle†† wrote:
> Ninja: Contracts.

a-ho-ho-ho bullett, did you pull that out of a cracker or something? :P
Tue 27/04/04 at 09:56
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Rickoss wrote:
> I was going to claim Hitman on a GAD about a week back but thought I'd
> better wait until I saw some peoples impressions of it first. I
> wouldn't be surprised if that score was a load of crap, but for a
> game to get 6.6 there must be something wrong with it.

It's pretty much Hitman: Silent Assassin with new missions. Doesn't look any better than it's predecessor, the cut-scenes are amongst the worst I've seen on the XBox. Grainy, blocky and ugly to look at. Agent 47 feels like he's floating rather than walking, I actually had to switch the camera to make sure he was walking and the combat-mechanics feel clunky.

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. The only saving grace for me is that I'm enjoying completing some of the in-game objectives. The AI is quite intelligent as well, which makes for some interesting scenarios.

HC could've done with a LOT more polish.
Tue 27/04/04 at 09:48
Regular
I was going to claim Hitman on a GAD about a week back but thought I'd better wait until I saw some peoples impressions of it first. I wouldn't be surprised if that score was a load of crap, but for a game to get 6.6 there must be something wrong with it.
Tue 27/04/04 at 07:20
Regular
": ("
I was gonna make a seperate topic but that would just pee you all of so :

I've got £40 to splash.
Too many games im interested in to list them so are there any ones you reccommend, or shall i preorder Halo 2?
I haven't got a racing game yet, im not a big fan of racing games, but i do enjoy playing them at times. TOCA 2?
Tue 27/04/04 at 06:29
Regular
Ninja: Contracts.

Nah, I'd say Ninja Gaiden if you can only get one.

Of course, I'll end up getting both, but I might put Hitman Contracts back until I've got through some of my current games first.
Tue 27/04/04 at 00:35
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Got £40 to blow...Ninja Gaiden or Hitman: Contracts

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.