GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Got £40 to blow...Ninja Gaiden or Hitman: Contracts"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/04/04 at 00:35
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Got £40 to blow...Ninja Gaiden or Hitman: Contracts
Tue 27/04/04 at 21:13
Regular
[URL]http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=364815[/URL]

(Ist screenshot in the review 'I don't think that's a massage table')

*shivers*
Tue 27/04/04 at 21:10
Regular
if you have the option to throw the stealth out the window, it's not really a stealth game is it?
Tue 27/04/04 at 20:45
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Any review that compares Hitman to games like Splinter Cell and Metal
> Gear Solid totally discredits itself, they're 2 totally different
> games and this seems to be what reviewers don't understand.

I know what you mean here. I hate the Splinter Cell games, absolutely hate them, but Hitman, I really enjoy the Hitman games. I mean they're still stealth based games but they aren't as serious and you do have the option to do the mission any way you want, even if that means throwing all the stealth out the window and going in all guns blazing. If you had to run amock in Splinter Cell your commander would just fail the mission, which is, in a word, crap.
Tue 27/04/04 at 20:24
Regular
Personally, I haven't played either but if I had to choose it'd be Ninja Gaiden - although Contracts does look good.

For trivial purposes, gamesTM gave Hitman: Contracts 7/10 and Ninja Gaiden an 8/10.
Tue 27/04/04 at 20:22
Regular
"8==="
Cyclone wrote:
>
> Acrobatic hand to hand combat > anything in games except Nintendo

Not always: Enter The Matrix.
Tue 27/04/04 at 19:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Muh? It has ninja-sword fighting. That beats stealth anyday.

Acrobatic hand to hand combat > anything in games except Nintendo
Tue 27/04/04 at 19:08
Regular
"8==="
Gaiden has bugga-all stealth though.
Tue 27/04/04 at 18:58
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Cyclone wrote:
> Whereas HC may be looking good, NG is undisputably looking to be
> absoloutely mind-blowing.
>
> You decide.

From my play-time with both; I'd go for Ninja Gaiden, since it provides the better single-player experience. It'll last you a good 20 hours, where as HC is fairly short-lived by comparison.
Tue 27/04/04 at 17:30
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Whereas HC may be looking good, NG is undisputably looking to be absoloutely mind-blowing.

You decide.
Tue 27/04/04 at 15:33
Regular
Hitman Contracts has done okay in most magazines and game sites as well.
A lot of them just say it's like an addon pack for Silent Assassin, with a much darker look and better designed levels. That's all I ever wanted. It doesn't bring the series forward that much, but it does better the previous game and correct some of the complaints.

Myself I can't wait for the game. I know it's not gonna take any real bold steps forward but Hitman 2 is my favourite single player game on Xbox so I really have no trouble with it being more of the same with better graphics and larger levels...that's all most fans of the series were really looking for.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.