GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lay off newbies (Well most)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/07/01 at 23:22
Regular
Well to be honest I hate most newbies like anybody else but as I was taking a trip down memory lane on the FOG I noticed there is a patern for a newbie..

1. Complains at leats once about not winning and they pretend they have tried forever when really it is only 2 days they have been on.

2. After will they threaten to leave for attention (we've all done it)

3. Make a topic on console wars

4. Plead to Ali or Tony by sucking up to let them win

5. Try to attack one of the regulars/notabeles

Theres more somewhere :)
Wed 18/07/01 at 00:38
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
MMath was fun, gaming was more fun, so the choice to quit was quite easy. I still keep up with the maths though, I do refresher courses with the OU now and again just to keep up with all that's happening nowadays, although I try and avoid spherical trig. at all times.

You should have gone to Bristol Uni., they are renowned for their MMaths, although I did consider Bath about 9 years ago when I toyed with the idea of going back into HE, seeing as I lived there at the time on Newbridge Hill.

According to the stuff I studied and people I've spoken to, the third year is the killer so you've got that to look forward too, the fourth is a bit of a doddle as it just recaps and consolidates a lot of what you've learned already, and anything that's new that crops up in YR4 is more a matter of logical deduction rather than anything else.

The only place in Bath to hang out is Joe Bananas.
Bristol has MANY distractions for the student who requires an active life, which is why I live there now :-).
Wed 18/07/01 at 00:34
I am the Tarrant wrote:

Has Bristol got any decent Art/ Photography course
> that you know of?

Sorry mate i don't know.

By the way, when i say Bristol - i don't mean Bristol University - that place is full of rich spoilt pr!cks.

Go to UWE - The University of the West of England. It's a pretty good Uni and the people that go there are generally pretty sound.
Horny Horny chicks as well!!!
Wed 18/07/01 at 00:33
Regular
Woah! I think I may have MSN Tarrant. When I added you to my address book, a message from you came up about adding you to contacts. I`ve said alright. I`ll see if I can get it to work now!
Wed 18/07/01 at 00:29
Regular
FantasyMeister wrote:
I was doing MMath as well,

Woah!!!!!! Me too!!!!!! Oh my God!!!!!!

I`m doing the MMath!!!!!!

Sorry, but that seemed like a big coincidence to me :-)

What did you think of it? Obviously not a lot I guess, as you`ve stopped. Was that at Bristol as well, or elsewhere? I applied to Bristol, but the thought of having to get a B in chemistry was quite scary. I got the points equivalent in the end, but not the B in chemistry, so its lucky I put Bath. :-)
Wed 18/07/01 at 00:28
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I am the Tarrant wrote:
> Is just plain old not going ok?
> Or is it better to
> actually "drop out"?

Can you rephrase that for me?
Je ne comprends pas.
Wed 18/07/01 at 00:27
SnoopDoggyDan wrote:
> For all you guys about to go to Uni - you're gonna have the best
> time of your lives!
One piece of advice - you don't really need to
> go to lectures, but make sure you revise heavily for exams. I didn't
> and i'm gonna be doing my second year again, and it'll have been my
> fourth year at Uni!
It's costing me a fortune...but i ain't
> complaining, it's THE life.
If anyone's thinking where to go, i
> recommend the city of Bristol. Don't expect to get much work done
> though....

Has Bristol got any decent Art/ Photography course that you know of?
Wed 18/07/01 at 00:26
Fair enough, keep me posted!

"[email protected]" by the way. if you were wondering.
Wed 18/07/01 at 00:25
For all you guys about to go to Uni - you're gonna have the best time of your lives!
One piece of advice - you don't really need to go to lectures, but make sure you revise heavily for exams. I didn't and i'm gonna be doing my second year again, and it'll have been my fourth year at Uni!
It's costing me a fortune...but i ain't complaining, it's THE life.
If anyone's thinking where to go, i recommend the city of Bristol. Don't expect to get much work done though....
Wed 18/07/01 at 00:24
Regular
I am the Tarrant wrote:
> Hopefully head to some nice Uni to do a nice course, possibly
> photography related, and then spend all the money I saved in my year
> out on booze and young women!

It's not much of a plan I know, but
> it'll do me for now!

Ah, but it`ll work. It works for most people. Thats the whole idea of Uni. Lose your money, self respect, end up with some girl and two kids, and some small piece of paper saying well done you passed. (Or not).

are you on the old msn?

I would, as my brother often uses it, however, my Dad seems to have stopped allowing its use (uni student still under parental control!!). I will certiainly start using it again when I`m back at Uni, but for now, I`m only using the SR discussions.
Wed 18/07/01 at 00:24
FantasyMeister wrote:
> I took a year out and it's lasted 6764 days so far and
> counting...

I was doing MMath as well, got a distinction in my
> first year, then thought "What's the point?"

Now I'm
> sitting here in Bristol thinking "Which game shall I play
> now?"

Life is so much easier when you drop out of higher
> education.

:-)

Sounds like a valid life choice to me! I will have to consider my options.

Is just plain old not going ok?
Or is it better to actually "drop out"?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.