GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lay off newbies (Well most)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/07/01 at 23:22
Regular
Well to be honest I hate most newbies like anybody else but as I was taking a trip down memory lane on the FOG I noticed there is a patern for a newbie..

1. Complains at leats once about not winning and they pretend they have tried forever when really it is only 2 days they have been on.

2. After will they threaten to leave for attention (we've all done it)

3. Make a topic on console wars

4. Plead to Ali or Tony by sucking up to let them win

5. Try to attack one of the regulars/notabeles

Theres more somewhere :)
Wed 18/07/01 at 11:56
Goatboy wrote:
> I actually meant to put this in the "I hate Newbies"
> thread, but clicked the wrong one.

Curse having 9 windows open at
> once.

Sorry folks, but I still think Newbie bashing, when not
> humorous, is wrong.

I'd agree with that.
However, it usually is quite funny *Tarrant casts his mind back to the arrival of NIS*
Wed 18/07/01 at 11:54
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I actually meant to put this in the "I hate Newbies" thread, but clicked the wrong one.

Curse having 9 windows open at once.

Sorry folks, but I still think Newbie bashing, when not humorous, is wrong.
Wed 18/07/01 at 11:54
Mornin' YH.

How's the world treating you thus far today?
Wed 18/07/01 at 11:53
Regular
Morning Tarrant!

Good to see you got up nice and early again!

:-)
Wed 18/07/01 at 11:53
Goatboy wrote:
> I think this is turning into a topic that would be as bad as someone
> attacking different coloured skins.

I personally find this thread
> repulsive and offensive, and would just like to ask where people's
> minds are at writing this crap.

Fair enough if you're actually offended, but this thread kind of outlines a pattern amongst some newcomers in a none offensive manner and SHEEPY actually admits to having done most of the things on the list in his early days.

Then there are a few random comments on the topic of newbie bashing being bad, then the topic disolves into a chat about universities.
Wed 18/07/01 at 11:44
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The Game wrote:
> my 'B' in Maths BUT,

Whoa, you must be a genius, when i sat my higher maths prelim i got 35%, how crap is that?
Wed 18/07/01 at 11:18
Goatboy wrote:
> I think this is turning into a topic that would be as bad as someone
> attacking different coloured skins.

I personally find this thread
> repulsive and offensive, and would just like to ask where people's
> minds are at writing this crap.

Good for you goatboy
Wed 18/07/01 at 11:09
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I think this is turning into a topic that would be as bad as someone attacking different coloured skins.

I personally find this thread repulsive and offensive, and would just like to ask where people's minds are at writing this crap.
Wed 18/07/01 at 10:53
I've been a newbie for 31 days and i dont think that i have done any of those things!
Wed 18/07/01 at 09:22
I'm a newbie but i have only done numbers 1 and 5 on your list, oh no i had better get to work.

P.S this is the alst message i am writting as i have just this moment decided to leave cos after the eight days i have spent leaving replies and topics i still haven't won owt.

There we go, now i am a proper newbie. Thanx SHEEPY for showing me what us newbies are meant to do, i now feel at one with myself. : D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.