GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BEST. E3. EVER!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/05/04 at 21:14
Regular
Oh my dear god, this is the msot surprising, wonderful and 'Nintendo' E3 ever, and let me remidn you people that it hasn't even started yet.

Just as I was starting to doubt Nintendo they come and complete steal the show. The DS looks brilliant, and at £100 should beat the PSP hands down (on paper, anyway) and I think the new Zelda style could just give the Cueb the revival it needs.

Anyway, I'm gonna shut up and gawp and Zelda pics.
Wed 12/05/04 at 14:25
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Check the small print on the GT4 mobile case ;-)

It is not inferior in any way and provides wireless connectivity unique to the mobile version... oh yeahh....
Wed 12/05/04 at 14:28
Regular
Then my question is: Why is Sony still using the DVD discs and the bulky ps2 when they can provide the same product with the small discs and the small PSP?
Wed 12/05/04 at 14:30
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Because some people want to play it at home on a TV?
Wed 12/05/04 at 14:31
Regular
And... more to the point... why the hell are they using discs in a handheld...

Could this destroy them?
Wed 12/05/04 at 14:32
Regular
You did not get my point. WHen they can connect a GBA directly to a TV without the gamecube, I bet they can do it with the PSP.
Wed 12/05/04 at 14:35
Regular
It's a lot more complicated than that... four player wouldn't work too well.

Handhelds are the future... but discs are disasterous.
Wed 12/05/04 at 14:38
Regular
I see what you mean. The cartridges can fall to the ground without getting any damage while a disc will be badly damaged.

Edit: Dont forget the battery time Darwock
Wed 12/05/04 at 14:39
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
The discs are loaded in little caddies, so the drive is totally closed off. It's Playstation vs N64 again, and discs have a lot more advantages than cartridges.
Wed 12/05/04 at 14:44
Regular
Dont forget Nokia who represents Sega. But this time I think that Nintendo will win with Sony on second place.
Wed 12/05/04 at 14:48
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Men are driven by Women (and vice versa but I won't go into that) and
> so therefore they leave their gaming at home, in their bedroom. I've
> seen people mocked for playing phone games.... it is not cool to play
> games... even the Playstation brand is not 'really' cool. Cooler than
> Nintendo but not cool.
>
> I would not be seen dead in a pub, or in the park... playing on my
> GBA... what if someone saw me?

Either you are a pleb or I am very lucky, but my girlfriend loves playing Mario Advance 4. If Iwas to take a GBA to the park on a sunny day and ask her to play a 2 player game of that with me, she'd be right up for it, she just can't get enough of it, as well as any sonic game, or any platformer in general.

Just to boot, she loves playing Gran tourismo 3 on my PS2 as well. Maybe the fact that she used to work in a Game shop has something to do with it, she's the ultimate female gamer. Not very good, doesn't care about the graphics, just wants to be able to pick it up, play it for a little while, and put it down again when sh needs to tan on the other side.

So, not cool to be seen gaming? I think you'll be surprised at how many students go for a PSP, plays games, movies, listen to music, camera, internet possibly all in a hand held. One of these replaces about 40 other devices, student loans at the ready :D

WiFi GT4 in a lecture, I WANT ONE TOO :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.