GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BEST. E3. EVER!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/05/04 at 21:14
Regular
Oh my dear god, this is the msot surprising, wonderful and 'Nintendo' E3 ever, and let me remidn you people that it hasn't even started yet.

Just as I was starting to doubt Nintendo they come and complete steal the show. The DS looks brilliant, and at £100 should beat the PSP hands down (on paper, anyway) and I think the new Zelda style could just give the Cueb the revival it needs.

Anyway, I'm gonna shut up and gawp and Zelda pics.
Wed 12/05/04 at 18:18
Regular
Anywhere that can pick up Wi-fi
Wed 12/05/04 at 17:56
Regular
Can you use it anywhere?
Wed 12/05/04 at 17:48
Regular
Noline is Wi-Fi technology - using a sattelite connection to get on the net.

As far as I'm aware anyway.
Wed 12/05/04 at 17:35
Regular
Got a question about DS. What is this noline thing Nintendo are talking about? Is it the internet or something? What is this Wireless connection?
Wed 12/05/04 at 17:33
Regular
"everyone says it"
Just. Wow.
Wed 12/05/04 at 17:03
Regular
Icaruss wrote:
> What about through electronic handwriting/ digital ink? It's already
> in use now with Tablet PCs.

Ever tried actually using one of those things??

I've not got terribly bad handwriting, but even with my best effort at writing these things just aren't very good :D

Touch screen is decent for choosing buttons, but not really for handwriting recognition, that's almost as bad as the voice recognition systems you get for word processors, they are just pathetic :D

Maybe a touch screen keypad. The keypad on the bottom screen, and the actual text on the top, that'd work for the DS.
Wed 12/05/04 at 16:25
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:

>
> Edgy wrote:
> The DS potentially allows for email on the move.
>
> We'll see about that. It would be good if they did, but this is
> Nintendo who aren't big on online systems. The only reason they are
> putting it in is because they realise if they don't then they are
> going to get left behind.

That was one of their big announcements. Wi-Fi technology.
Wed 12/05/04 at 16:17
"I love yo... lamp."
Ericsson released one for their phones a few years back. Worked pretty well actually.
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Attachable keyboards, maybe?
Regular
Bonus wrote:
> Writing an email on the move without a keypad or a number pad with
> letters will just be plain wrong.
>
> That would be painstakingly tiresome, not to mention damn annoying.

What about through electronic handwriting/ digital ink? It's already in use now with Tablet PCs.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.