GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect Dark 2: A THIRD person shooter?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/07/01 at 12:18
Regular
Details leaked from a Rare insider are rather surprising, but aparently the sequel to Rares excellent First Person Shooter is to be 3rd person.

This shouldn't really come as too much of a shock, given Rares track record. They're not a company that likes your typical sequel, just look at the way that Donkey Kong changed for his N64 release, look at the complete change of style between Diddy Kong Racing and Donkey Kong Racing.

So what can we expect from PD2? Apparently it will be touted as a Metal Gear Solid 2 beater, with even greater interaction, stunning graphics, and superb level design.

It certainly is an exciting prospect, and if it proves true then it could be a very, very special game.
Tue 17/07/01 at 20:15
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> The bes tthing would be a mix-flick into FPS if you want or 3rd
> person if you want that instead.

I know it has been attempted
> before and failed, but think about ti - This is Rare we are talking
> about.

A really popular PC game allows first and third person views and it works without glitches or anything like that!

That game is Duke Nukem 3D!

Press F7 if you don't believe me (in the game that is)
Tue 17/07/01 at 20:07
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I remember Rainbow six had an option to flick between 1st person and 3rd person and it didn't work all too well in 3rd person but Rare is definently a company that could perfect the switch
Tue 17/07/01 at 19:45
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
id much prefer it to be in 1st person, leave mgs gameplay to mgs and an old saying comes to mind "if it aint broke....".
I just dont think it will be perfect dark in 3rd person?
Tue 17/07/01 at 19:09
Regular
"Rendering Women."
After Dark will combine 3rd person with 1st person.

And now I leave..
Tue 17/07/01 at 14:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The bes tthing would be a mix-flick into FPS if you want or 3rd person if you want that instead.

I know it has been attempted before and failed, but think about ti - This is Rare we are talking about.
Mon 16/07/01 at 17:50
Regular
"DS..."
i think that making pd2 could be either a very good idea or a very bad one, i mean wasn't the sucess of the original partly due to it being a first person shooter? i personally loved perfect dark because it was a first person shooter, however having said that i did like operation winback and if the interaction level is as good as that of operation winbacks then this could be a potentially good idea, but what about the target system? iv'e found from experience that you can aim better in first person shooters than you can in third person ones, but considering the vast amount of buttons and rare's ingenious ideas i'm sure that they will find a way of incorperating a really good target system (hopefully) so this could yet be another plus factor, there are many other factors for Rareware to consider in order to make it work but i guess only time
will tell...
slik ?_?
Mon 16/07/01 at 17:03
That would be cool. Jet force Gemini was a brilliant 3rd person shooter but was overlooked by many as another platformer. I think it should be like Hitman Codename 47 on the PC. It works well as a third person game and makes it unique among the masses of FPS's.
Mon 16/07/01 at 12:18
Regular
"not dead"
Details leaked from a Rare insider are rather surprising, but aparently the sequel to Rares excellent First Person Shooter is to be 3rd person.

This shouldn't really come as too much of a shock, given Rares track record. They're not a company that likes your typical sequel, just look at the way that Donkey Kong changed for his N64 release, look at the complete change of style between Diddy Kong Racing and Donkey Kong Racing.

So what can we expect from PD2? Apparently it will be touted as a Metal Gear Solid 2 beater, with even greater interaction, stunning graphics, and superb level design.

It certainly is an exciting prospect, and if it proves true then it could be a very, very special game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.