GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect Dark 2: A THIRD person shooter?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/07/01 at 12:18
Regular
Details leaked from a Rare insider are rather surprising, but aparently the sequel to Rares excellent First Person Shooter is to be 3rd person.

This shouldn't really come as too much of a shock, given Rares track record. They're not a company that likes your typical sequel, just look at the way that Donkey Kong changed for his N64 release, look at the complete change of style between Diddy Kong Racing and Donkey Kong Racing.

So what can we expect from PD2? Apparently it will be touted as a Metal Gear Solid 2 beater, with even greater interaction, stunning graphics, and superb level design.

It certainly is an exciting prospect, and if it proves true then it could be a very, very special game.
Sun 29/07/01 at 01:07
Regular
"not dead"
Do you think that now is a good time for me to reveal that I made this story up?

"Why?" You may ask.

Well I'll tell you.

It was to see just how much people trust information they find on the net. PD2 may well end up as a third person shooter, but I haven't heard anything about this.
Sat 28/07/01 at 22:09
Regular
i hope they keep it first person, the only way it will work in 3rd person is if they mak a perfect camera system, but jusdging by rares previous attempts in jet force gemini and games like CBFD i dont think they will. The camera was so bad in conker that at some points in the game i was forced to restart the level cause the camera got itself wedged behind a piece of scenery and i couldn't see anything.
Sat 28/07/01 at 21:48
Regular
I think that PD2 should have a Jet Force Jemini control style.

Third person until you hold R. Then the camera zooms behind your character (who becomes invisible), brings out the cross hair and brings on a Turok control style.

This will allow you to aim and move like a FPS but you'll also be able to use the stealth of MGS and possibly do a bit of platforming too.

It'll take the secret agent genre to a whole new level.
Sat 28/07/01 at 21:41
Regular
"I like cheese"
I prefer 3rd person shooters.

But it won't be better than MGS2-as they're different games. MGS2 iis very stealth-orientated, where as PDark is mostly just shooting.

Anyway, it's the amazing storyline that I believe will make MGS2 amazing, as well as the awesome graphics and gameplay.
Sat 28/07/01 at 21:34
Regular
I'm popping this.

It'll be nice to discuss as a alternative to console wars.

So, what do you think of the GCN verson of Perfect Dark being from a third person perspective?
Sat 21/07/01 at 14:08
Regular
limp bizkit fan wrote:
> i think a first person shooter(fps) mode will ruin this fantastic
> game. there has not been one fps that has had a deccent camera
> angle(jet force gemini for example). it ruins the feeling of being
> the character and controling them. rare don't do it!

LOL

FPS is Goldeneye style :-)

You were thinking of Third Person Shooter like Jet Force Gemini (which has a first class control system and tonnes of potential!)
Sat 21/07/01 at 09:34
Regular
"DS..."
yeah but that's probably just a rumour!....it had better be!!!!
slik !_!
Sat 21/07/01 at 08:24
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
in n64 mag , they said that their spies have found out that jo dark wont even be in the sequel !
Sat 21/07/01 at 00:03
Regular
"Excommunicated"
limp bizkit fan wrote:
> i think a first person shooter(fps) mode will ruin this fantastic
> game. there has not been one fps that has had a deccent camera
> angle(jet force gemini for example). it ruins the feeling of being
> the character and controling them. rare don't do it!

Keep Rollin'
Fri 20/07/01 at 23:58
i think a first person shooter(fps) mode will ruin this fantastic game. there has not been one fps that has had a deccent camera angle(jet force gemini for example). it ruins the feeling of being the character and controling them. rare don't do it!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.