GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect Dark 2: A THIRD person shooter?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/07/01 at 12:18
Regular
Details leaked from a Rare insider are rather surprising, but aparently the sequel to Rares excellent First Person Shooter is to be 3rd person.

This shouldn't really come as too much of a shock, given Rares track record. They're not a company that likes your typical sequel, just look at the way that Donkey Kong changed for his N64 release, look at the complete change of style between Diddy Kong Racing and Donkey Kong Racing.

So what can we expect from PD2? Apparently it will be touted as a Metal Gear Solid 2 beater, with even greater interaction, stunning graphics, and superb level design.

It certainly is an exciting prospect, and if it proves true then it could be a very, very special game.
Thu 16/08/01 at 22:03
Regular
If the arenas are big enough then I suppose 40-50 would be fair for a team game and 20 in a free for all battle.

Meka was right about the Speculation being fun...

Now the idea has been planted lets expand it and send it to Rare.
Meka might have made it up but that doesn't mean that it won't come true...
Wed 15/08/01 at 00:14
Although in theory it is possible, maybe with the Cray supercomputer. Anyway, even if it is possible, my question is: what's the point of facing 249 different opponents? There'll be no skill involved because everyone will be dead in a few seconds! (Unless you had the invincibility cheat on)
Tue 14/08/01 at 13:01
Regular
You can't have 250 players online at the same playing in the same game, maybe 20 but not 250 there would be no framerate.
Tue 14/08/01 at 12:28
Me thinks so ,Half life can sort of do it , so with the power of a gamecube , PC and internet It's easilly possible

you can even have a team with all your mates and kick everyones but.
Tue 14/08/01 at 09:01
Regular
"DS..."
i can't wait 4 PD2, it's gonna rock!
slik !_!
Mon 13/08/01 at 23:45
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
3rd, might be a bit dodgy. Then again it might rule.
Mon 13/08/01 at 21:54
The possibilities are unlimited, though. And the players.
Mon 13/08/01 at 21:50
Regular
250 players over the internet? Me thinks not!
Mon 13/08/01 at 21:28
Yup. Just look at Super Mario Bros. And that animated Zelda - ooh, that was bad.
Mon 13/08/01 at 20:08
So what if it's a third person shooter perfect darks are the best and on the sequal you can play over 250 players over the internet without shaky grafics Cool eh!

I think having a T.V series will give it a bad name though what do you think?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.