GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect Dark 2: A THIRD person shooter?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/07/01 at 12:18
Regular
Details leaked from a Rare insider are rather surprising, but aparently the sequel to Rares excellent First Person Shooter is to be 3rd person.

This shouldn't really come as too much of a shock, given Rares track record. They're not a company that likes your typical sequel, just look at the way that Donkey Kong changed for his N64 release, look at the complete change of style between Diddy Kong Racing and Donkey Kong Racing.

So what can we expect from PD2? Apparently it will be touted as a Metal Gear Solid 2 beater, with even greater interaction, stunning graphics, and superb level design.

It certainly is an exciting prospect, and if it proves true then it could be a very, very special game.
Mon 06/08/01 at 22:29
That's nice of them. No pensions for the sacked then.
Mon 06/08/01 at 16:34
Regular
DeltaJava wrote:
> Retro Studios... is one messed up company.

Not really Nitnendo and Retro ahd a change of heart on meteroid and inorder to keep up with making it they had to put more man power from there other team behind Raven Blade and those who werent' moved accross was fired.
Mon 06/08/01 at 16:33
Regular
This isn't made up before Rare announced Perfect Dark 2 was actually in development they said;

"If there is a Perfect Dark Sequel it might not feature Joanna Dark at all"

Johnathan Dark? Velvet? hmmm.
Thu 02/08/01 at 20:03
Retro Studios... is one messed up company.
Thu 02/08/01 at 19:56
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
It just annoyed me because I was on the net for about an hour looking for anything to back your story up, also the fact I dident catch on due to this?
Mon 30/07/01 at 23:13
Regular
"not dead"
But wasn't the speculation fun?

And anyway, Rare aren't a company that go for typical sequels, it could end up as a third person shooter....
Mon 30/07/01 at 14:32
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
How do we know that you did hear, and you making up the fact that you made the whole thing up?
I mean i know in this case this whole thread is a big waste of everyones time and everything!!
We could have been talking about moon landing conspiricies or something!!
Mon 30/07/01 at 07:58
Regular
"DS..."
so you made it all up?...oh well it was an interesting topic while it lasted, and now it seems that it could be an interesting concept that could happen...you never know with rare......
slik ?_?
Sun 29/07/01 at 22:52
Regular
I don't believe it...

I was always brought up to never trust Dragons...

Especially Metallic ones made from Gold...

But now you've made it up, I think that it would be a good advancement on the game...
Sun 29/07/01 at 11:20
Regular
"I like cheese"
Meka_Dragon wrote:
> Do you think that now is a good time for me to reveal that I made
> this story up?

"Why?" You may ask.

Well I'll tell
> you.

It was to see just how much people trust information they
> find on the net. PD2 may well end up as a third person shooter, but
> I haven't heard anything about this.

LOL!!

You had me fooled there, Meka.

Damn you and your deceitful ways! {:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.