GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect Dark 2: A THIRD person shooter?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/07/01 at 12:18
Regular
Details leaked from a Rare insider are rather surprising, but aparently the sequel to Rares excellent First Person Shooter is to be 3rd person.

This shouldn't really come as too much of a shock, given Rares track record. They're not a company that likes your typical sequel, just look at the way that Donkey Kong changed for his N64 release, look at the complete change of style between Diddy Kong Racing and Donkey Kong Racing.

So what can we expect from PD2? Apparently it will be touted as a Metal Gear Solid 2 beater, with even greater interaction, stunning graphics, and superb level design.

It certainly is an exciting prospect, and if it proves true then it could be a very, very special game.
Sun 19/08/01 at 10:05
Regular
"DS..."
level designer! that would be absolutely amazing! imagine how much life that would breathe into the game, that could make perfect dark 2, the longest lived shooter on the gamecube! but knowing Rare anythings possible, especially with the gamecubes intenet capabilities!
as ali G once said " let's make it happen! "
slik ?_?
Sat 18/08/01 at 22:45
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Hmmmmmmmm the Perfect Dark sequel seems to have high prospects for it :D

Maybe the sequel to Perfect Dark should have it's own level designer mode where you can make up your own level objectives and so on.
Sat 18/08/01 at 22:29
Yep, MGS relies on stealth to survive, whereas stelath really doesn't come into play unless you are playing in the higher difficulty levels. Also, the objectives are also more varied in PD, and in MGS the storyline tends to progress without as many onjectives.
Sat 18/08/01 at 22:11
Regular
They'll still play differently.

MGS is top down view rather than third person.
It also relies more on stealth than shooting.

Perfect Dark is pure shooting. There is a stealth but that's in a different kind of way.
Sat 18/08/01 at 18:47
Regular
"Whatever!"
And knowing Rare it probably will be a MGS2 beater!!
Sat 18/08/01 at 17:02
Regular
50 players sounds good, the levels would have to be massive though. Imagine capture the flag with 25 on each team.
Sat 18/08/01 at 16:26
Regular
Perfect Dark is a secret agent game, not a war game.

4 teams of 10 or 2 teams of 25 would easily be adequet for a neat bit of Skirmishing.
Sat 18/08/01 at 12:46
Regular
1000 players, my god you wouldn't be able to move cause there would be so many people.
Sat 18/08/01 at 09:37
Regular
"DS..."
it would be class if pd2 is an online game, just imagine playing with over 1000 players! here's hoping...
slik ?_?
Thu 16/08/01 at 22:10
Hmm, to be honest I think Rare have already made the NG PD game. Maybe for the sequel, eh?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.