GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"which films/television programmes would make great game ideas?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/07/01 at 10:27
Regular
It seems as though games companys are buying up the rights to make more film/tv franchised games, as the film industry is also buying the rights to games to make films. There are many good films and television programes that may have been overlooked to turn into games or have not been suggested yet. My favourite for conversion are "seven days" a time travelling game to set right events that occur within the last seven days with missions like save the president from assasination. please add your own ideas.
Fri 07/09/01 at 17:14
sideshow buzz wrote:
> It seems as though games companys are buying up the rights to make
> more film/tv franchised games, as the film industry is also buying
> the rights to games to make films. There are many good films and
> television programes that may have been overlooked to turn into
> games or have not been suggested yet. My favourite for conversion
> are "seven days" a time travelling game to set right
> events that occur within the last seven days with missions like save
> the president from assasination. please add your own ideas.

Yeah, Also a Stargate game would be good. If squaresoft took both these games up (Seven Days & Stargate SG1) they would have immediate best sellers.
Fri 07/09/01 at 21:08
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Bartlex wrote:

Yeah, Also a Stargate game would be good. If squaresoft
> took both these games up (Seven Days & Stargate SG1) they would
> have immediate best sellers.

I agree!
Fri 07/09/01 at 21:14
Regular
"Whatever!"
Ive said it time and time again they should release a game based on John Carpenters masterpiece, Escape from Neew York!! The chance to play as (the real) Snake Pliscan!! That would be great!!
Sat 08/09/01 at 13:50
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
The A-Team, as long as it wasn't a poorly created game then this could be ace.
Sun 09/09/01 at 18:24
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
What about catdog the cartoon, controling either end of catdog while the computer controls the other end:
such as cat task get the morning breakfast and the newspaper to read while distracting dog and preventing him from destroying the paper
or a dog task dig up the garden to find favorite toy .
there could be many bizarre thing you could do just as in the cartoon...
such as getting to the shops on a bike: dog peddles while cat steers and having to interchange control of them to negotiate difficult stretches of road or to control the speed of the bike to make jumps , there would be possibilities for a two player co-operative modewith each player taking one end of the catdog.
this cold be a crazy game!!!
Thu 13/09/01 at 22:40
Regular
"Same as above^"
If anyone has seen the manga film 'Blue Sonnet' that would be an excelant game, You could play as either Blue sonnet of the red fang and battle it out in a 3D beat'em up style fight fest (That sentence sounded good in my head)!
Thu 13/09/01 at 23:03
I can see a Neighbours game proving instantly popular. You could get to assume control of Bouncer, the dog, and run amok in Ramsey street, mauling every character that ever annoyed you to the extreme. I'd start with Melanie Scully, rarghh!
Fri 14/09/01 at 19:42
I really,really REALLY want The Matrix game.
Think about it, wouldn't it be great playing some of the scenes from the film. For example, the bit where they're at the reception; running up walls and mutilating the guards.
Best game ever!
Mon 17/09/01 at 15:54
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Papa Santos wrote:
> I can see a Neighbours game proving instantly popular. You could get
> to assume control of Bouncer, the dog, and run amok in Ramsey
> street, mauling every character that ever annoyed you to the
> extreme. I'd start with Melanie Scully, rarghh!

It could be a sims style game but as you said taking control of the animal residents, and using them to evict/send to jail the human residents by whatever means possible.
Wed 19/09/01 at 01:05
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
It looks like I may not get regular acess to a television for some time to come, but I still have my gba and an american tv listings guide for the "fall" season.
my predictions are that a game will be made of the 5th star trek series enterprise, and one to look out for is a programme called 24 : 24 episodes spanning one hour each of the same day with some plotline that I can't remember right now, or possibly games that revolve around the whole set in one day premise.
I'm sure these programmes will be on sky and then eventually terrestrial television.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.