GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"which films/television programmes would make great game ideas?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/07/01 at 10:27
Regular
It seems as though games companys are buying up the rights to make more film/tv franchised games, as the film industry is also buying the rights to games to make films. There are many good films and television programes that may have been overlooked to turn into games or have not been suggested yet. My favourite for conversion are "seven days" a time travelling game to set right events that occur within the last seven days with missions like save the president from assasination. please add your own ideas.
Wed 19/09/01 at 16:01
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
41 posts on my topic...
I have checked on the older posts under the game ideas and retro games section and this is currently the most contributed topic about 13 more posts than its closest rival!
It makes me slightly proud of that fact.
with a mix of surreal sugestions and serious ideas for games.
please continue to contribute to this topic or at least read it.
Is there anything good on uk tv recently?
I heard there was a trek night on the bbc, and it had the ds9 episode with kirk and the tribbles.
I have seen a magazine here called FHM TV I suspect it is a tv guide of some sort, the last time I checked they did not have that magazine at home. so hopefully I will have some inspiration soon to add more Ideas to this topic.
(I did catch about five minutes of tv here I saw a sports person charity who want to be a millionaire, it had tony hawk on it but I did not see if he got to go to the hotseat. also chris tarrant is a much better host than reggis philbin (I think that is his name) chriss adds more tension and is slightly more eeeevviilllllll than his american counterpart.)
Wed 19/09/01 at 20:45
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
sorry it was the october issue of fhm which is their fall line up special and not a separate publication.

( the us version uses old features from the uk edition this months issue had december 2000 s club 7 interview in it)

However what about a truman show game
in the sim city/sims style
1) create a town for truman
2) organise the actors into roles
3) control actors
4) stop truman from discovering the truth

Or in an adventure style
through various stages of his life, with the aim of getting to the end of the film ( I won't spoil the ending for anyone that has not seen it yet)

A rush hour/ rush hour 2 game
involving jackie chan's inventive style: can use most things as weapons and therefore making the scenery more interactive.

also any thoughts on the buffy the vampire slayer game for the x box?
Thu 20/09/01 at 18:06
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
please will someone add something to this topic!
Thu 20/09/01 at 18:07
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
what about any films or tv programmes that shoud never be made into games or should never had been made into games?
Fri 21/09/01 at 00:38
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
please someone post someting here, its getting lonely
Fri 21/09/01 at 00:41
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Hers something, now to read the topic :D
Fri 21/09/01 at 00:43
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
at last!
Fri 21/09/01 at 00:44
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
The N64 game Lylat Wars was said to be a game that was much like a film by 1 or two magazines I have read.
Fri 21/09/01 at 00:47
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Resident Evil is being turned into a film by next year it should be out.

The matrix will no doubt get a game but a game that would be a very popular film would have to be The legend of Zelda, lots of fans would go to see that im sure.
Fri 21/09/01 at 00:50
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
RawisAndy wrote:
> Resident Evil is being turned into a film by next year it should be out.

The
> matrix will no doubt get a game but a game that would be a very popular film
> would have to be The legend of Zelda, lots of fans would go to see that im
> sure.

but with some slight variation on the theme of princess kidnapped, obligitory dungeon and triforce being used for evil. That said it would make a great film.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.