GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"which films/television programmes would make great game ideas?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/07/01 at 10:27
Regular
It seems as though games companys are buying up the rights to make more film/tv franchised games, as the film industry is also buying the rights to games to make films. There are many good films and television programes that may have been overlooked to turn into games or have not been suggested yet. My favourite for conversion are "seven days" a time travelling game to set right events that occur within the last seven days with missions like save the president from assasination. please add your own ideas.
Mon 16/07/01 at 13:05
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
what about a new knight rider game, or a non platform blues brothers game just imagine recreating the BIG car chase sequences at the end always trying to stay one step ahead of the chasing pack.
Mon 16/07/01 at 13:12
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I would love a decent Knight Rider game. I just love that car.
Mon 16/07/01 at 14:30
Classic Cartoons would be amazing! ... DangerMouse, ThunderCats, Transformers... the list goes on
Tue 17/07/01 at 13:53
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
for more car chasing action what about the sweeney, or a dodgy dealer sim based on only fools and horses: avoiding arrest, buying and selling your dodgy goods in the hope of being a millionaire.
What about a top gear game to test the latest in road cars and those funny looking concept cars around those test tracks with all the hazards and bring the cars back in one piece.
what about a baywatch game?- I will think about that one.
Tue 17/07/01 at 15:52
Regular
TITANIC - Try and miss the iceberg! :0)
Fri 20/07/01 at 09:30
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I don't know whether or not there has been a highlander game, it could be based around the first film but not just focusing on the quest to be the one. considering that he had to live through all those time periods.
Stargate SG-1!
Fri 20/07/01 at 09:36
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Dav1d wrote:
> TITANIC - Try and miss the iceberg! :0)

I had to wrie that excate program for my 2D graphics course at the firt year of uni! :)
Fri 20/07/01 at 11:54
Regular
Armitage Shanks wrote:
> Dav1d wrote:
> TITANIC - Try and miss the iceberg! :0)

I had
> to wrie that excate program for my 2D graphics course at the firt
> year of uni! :)

You havent got a copy of that have you?! Was the game difficult.....i mean missing an iceberg must be pretty hard!......just look at Titanic! :)
Sat 21/07/01 at 11:37
"Hack The Planet!!!!"
i think that what the computer game industry needs is a real rpg game set in modern times, take coronation street, that wold make a realy good game. you could take on the role of any one of the main characters, and be realy boring, or you could go on a rampage killing all the cast with one of betties radioactive hot-pots.

this is just a thought but if anybody actually make such a game please send me a copy.
Sun 22/07/01 at 15:55
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Dav1d wrote:
You
> havent got a copy of that have you?! Was the game difficult.....i
> mean missing an iceberg must be pretty hard!......just look at
> Titanic! :)

lol...n ofraid not, wiped it form my harddrive after I handed it in...

The game itself was pretty simple (the emphasis being on 2D graphics) You go to see the screen full of Icebergs, which then vanished, and you had to attempt to guide the ship from the top left to the bottom right of the screen :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.