GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"which films/television programmes would make great game ideas?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/07/01 at 10:27
Regular
It seems as though games companys are buying up the rights to make more film/tv franchised games, as the film industry is also buying the rights to games to make films. There are many good films and television programes that may have been overlooked to turn into games or have not been suggested yet. My favourite for conversion are "seven days" a time travelling game to set right events that occur within the last seven days with missions like save the president from assasination. please add your own ideas.
Sun 29/07/01 at 21:08
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
baywatch the game:
save people - mitch's ego grows and chest hair expands
fail - hoby's voice begins to break in the company of the female lifeguards
jetski rides, foil the criminals plots (mitch's ego boosts and becomes more attractive to the ladies)
Sun 29/07/01 at 21:52
Regular
"Back For Good"
Eurotrash
Mon 30/07/01 at 16:39
stargates a good one, so is Titanic but your one person on a pleasure cruse, you can explore you boat and be on holiday then bang, you strike the berg.

Das boot would be a good one, the German submarine film.

Only fools and horses, you would have to sell goods down the market, and you could call rodney a plonker.

Eastenders you could run the queen vic and have phil, steve etc wanting drinks.
Tue 31/07/01 at 09:43
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Durus wrote:
> stargates a good one, so is Titanic but your one person on a
> pleasure cruse, you can explore you boat and be on holiday then
> bang, you strike the berg.

Das boot would be a good one, the
> German submarine film.

Only fools and horses, you would have to
> sell goods down the market, and you could call rodney a
> plonker.

Eastenders you could run the queen vic and have phil,
> steve etc wanting drinks.

Although... there has already been several Titanic games... and an only fools and horses title (I think?)... and Das Boot...

No StarGate that I know of though?
Tue 31/07/01 at 16:16
yeah ok but there isn't a good titanic game where you can pretend your just on holiday on the liner, and then when it hits the iceberg you have to save your self, you could jump in the water, swim, row boats etc, even die in the cold water.

The same with das boot, there are submarine games but i want a first person submarine game where you control one person and have to issue or follow commands. If your boat fills with water then you have to escape througth the hatch and await pick up or die.

there are games out there but there all rubbish, there fun for a while but, i want a game that could go on and on or be different everytime you play it.
Fri 03/08/01 at 19:42
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Banzai
Fri 03/08/01 at 19:50
Twin Peaks would make an excellent live action game. With today's advances in computer technology and the wide availability of DVD, It could restart this whole genre of PC gaming once more.
Fri 03/08/01 at 20:06
I know it's a stupid idea, but what if there was the game, Bed Knobs And Brommsticks game was to be invented.
Sat 04/08/01 at 17:27
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
How about a Championship Manager film? A person plays his game as usual, then suddenly he realises that he is controlling the real life club through his computer!

Of course, hilarity would prevail!
Fri 07/09/01 at 16:06
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I have been away for a while, but I'm back now.
I have mostly been watching US television ( mainly old repeats of whose line is it anyway... ) but I did come across a tv programme (also a good comic book - once did a cross over story with lara croft) called Witchblade
I think it would make a good game conversion if one isn't already in the works.
Other than that some fool broke the television in the residence halls so I haven't watched tv for a week.
more suggestions soon!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.