GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"which films/television programmes would make great game ideas?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/07/01 at 10:27
Regular
It seems as though games companys are buying up the rights to make more film/tv franchised games, as the film industry is also buying the rights to games to make films. There are many good films and television programes that may have been overlooked to turn into games or have not been suggested yet. My favourite for conversion are "seven days" a time travelling game to set right events that occur within the last seven days with missions like save the president from assasination. please add your own ideas.
Tue 25/09/01 at 17:14
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
what about quantum leap?
Mon 24/09/01 at 15:41
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
RawisAndy wrote:
> it's a wonder there isn't a Womens Football game (or is there?)

Gone in Sixty
> Seconds is bound to happen as is The Fast and the furios

me though I dont
> mind I love racing games

being in my current location I found a womens football game called mia hamms soccer (I think I have mispelt her surname)
due to the fact the america won the womens world cup.
the game is on the N64
Mon 24/09/01 at 00:31
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
it's a wonder there isn't a Womens Football game (or is there?)

Gone in Sixty Seconds is bound to happen as is The Fast and the furios

me though I dont mind I love racing games
Sun 23/09/01 at 19:45
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I suppose it takes quite a while for any tv programme or film to be made into a game (18 months).
first the show has to be sucessfull and not get axed,
then game needs to be designed while making sure that the tv show is still going.
with films there are tie in games like star wars because these are almost guaranteed to sell loads, but often the games come out way after the film is a sucess e.g goldeneye.
so I have come to the conclusion that it is a risky business making games from tv programmes because of the uncertainties in the television market.
however older tv programmes would not be as risky as they have recognition: the A team, knight rider.....
and so a developer could take more time with one of these titles with less risk than a current tv/film.
(buffy currently filming season 6 only now the first console game, not including the gameboy colour effort, is in development).
Sun 23/09/01 at 13:00
It's inevitable they'll churn out a Buffy and Angel game, if they haven't already. They've already made quite a few Simpson games - anyone remember Bart's Nightmare on the SNES? I used to love that game.
Sat 22/09/01 at 00:19
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
ahhh another idea in quick sucession

the west wing (I do not know how many of you will have seen it)
management sim: try to get your president re-elected

that just about covers it.
Sat 22/09/01 at 00:16
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
while I'm here I might as well post another Idea
in the hope others may add their game ideas to it

Alias
possibly one of the next big programmes to come out of
america. All I will say is possible fps with some tomb raiderish elements to it.
Fri 21/09/01 at 00:50
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
RawisAndy wrote:
> Resident Evil is being turned into a film by next year it should be out.

The
> matrix will no doubt get a game but a game that would be a very popular film
> would have to be The legend of Zelda, lots of fans would go to see that im
> sure.

but with some slight variation on the theme of princess kidnapped, obligitory dungeon and triforce being used for evil. That said it would make a great film.
Fri 21/09/01 at 00:47
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Resident Evil is being turned into a film by next year it should be out.

The matrix will no doubt get a game but a game that would be a very popular film would have to be The legend of Zelda, lots of fans would go to see that im sure.
Fri 21/09/01 at 00:44
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
The N64 game Lylat Wars was said to be a game that was much like a film by 1 or two magazines I have read.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.