GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Guess whos got DRIV3R"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Driv3r'.
Thu 17/06/04 at 21:54
Regular
Me.

Ner ner.

:P
Sat 19/06/04 at 16:19
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
DW wrote:
> How interactive is the city?

In what sense? You can crash through fences, barriers, some shop windows (I demolished a shopping mall) and there are loads of crazy jumps. You can kill pedestrians, and if you have a bad enough crash, the people driving the other cars will die, as will you if you have low health.
Sat 19/06/04 at 16:12
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I've started the Undercover mode now and I've noticed one massive problem; the AI is terrible, absolutely ridiculous in fact. Most criminals don't react when you shoot at them, they just stand there like idiots while you fire hundreds of rounds at them.

But in nsaying that, that's it's biggest issue, and sometimes you're glad of their stupidity because it makes things easier, especially when your on a timed mission. But still, AI is pretty poor.

My favourite moment so far, is figuring out how to steal a car during a mission and geting it home unscathed. I tried that mission a few times but other gangsters kept crashing into my car which then failed the mission. So I set the other gangsters up and when they came at my car, I jumped out and just shot them through the windscreen of their car. It sounds simple, but it looks very cool, especially on a replay.
Sat 19/06/04 at 16:06
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Just got the game today, along with The Suffering, which hasnt got much play yet due to playing Driver 3.

So far so good. Graphics are brilliant, lighting is superb, damage to the cars is great, its a real step up from Driver 2. Only gripe is there is some slow down at times when you have a hoard of police cars chasing you, but not much to complain about there.

The control system is a bit frustrating. Driving the cars is fine, just like it was in the previous games and the control of them is just as good as ever. The problem comes when Tanner is on his feet, and shooting. Having to use both analog sticks to line him up and facing the right direction gets some getting use to, and its a little slow to respond, making it hard to shoot the enemies while they are shooting you.

Cut scenes are superb too. Not got too much into the story yet, and there seems to be a lack of a 2 player mode, but i havent had a proper look yet.

Anyway, back to it...
Sat 19/06/04 at 15:24
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Every single store in Nottingham (except Virgin and HMV) had it on sale today - that's GAME, Gamestation, Another World.
Sat 19/06/04 at 14:50
Regular
Played through a few of the missions now, actually quite liking it.
Sat 19/06/04 at 14:28
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Unblock me, you lesbian. I'll show you my thing again. Don't say you didn't like it, because you did.
Sat 19/06/04 at 14:26
Regular
There must be some improvements to the XBox version, I dunno... I still cant seem to like it. Cutscenes are amazing, i'll give it that.
Sat 19/06/04 at 14:19
Regular
How interactive is the city?
Sat 19/06/04 at 11:52
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Now I believe you have it, I got my copy from SR this morning. First impressions is that it's absolutely fecking brilliant. I can't see why you were complaining about the graphics though, they're stunning, the lighting effect are on par with Splinter Cell, and the damage is very realistic. I have the X-Box version and you can have custom soundtracks, but the music is pretty good anyway.

I've only played the free-ride mode for about an hour but that's enough to put it in my top 10 games, the cars handle brilliantly, exactly like they did in previous games. The only downer I can see so far is that there isn't any multi-player option which is a bit rubbish, but it is Live enabled, so whether that just means you can download content or actually play against other players, I don't know.

So far I'm very impressed, and it is actually similar to GTA as well, which I'm quite surprised at, you can steal the cars obviously, shoot people and run them over, although there isn't any blood. But it doesn't move in real time, so you have to pick which time of day you want to play at.

The on-foot sections are okay as well, but when Tanner wals sideways he looks a bit like a crab, and appears to be floating sometimes, much like 47 in Hitman, and you can shoot cars and leave bullet holes, and if you get the chance you can shoot people through the windscreens, but unlike GTA, the bodies don't just fall out of the car, they slump over the steering wheel like they would in real life. And, did I mention you could swim? The swimming animationm is actually quite fluid too, so that's a bonus.

Anyway, I don't want to give too much away, but you need to buy this game it's an absolute stunner.
Fri 18/06/04 at 19:39
Regular
Yup, what Aliboy said. I didn't get one though, but I can easily swindle the chimps at GAME.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.