GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Guess whos got DRIV3R"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Driv3r'.
Thu 17/06/04 at 21:54
Regular
Me.

Ner ner.

:P
Fri 18/06/04 at 19:33
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
It went gold a few weeks ago and promo copies were sent out too.

Have seen it around on a few places so it is out if you look in the right places.
Fri 18/06/04 at 18:14
Regular
The game doesnt open with a cutscene, the STORY mode opens with a long cutscene yes... then your first mission is to get to the police department thing where you can go to the shooting range.

The cutscenes are amazing, infact. Brilliant graphics.

I could point my webcam at the TV or something, just coz id like to prove you wrong - despite not having to.

:P
Fri 18/06/04 at 17:15
Regular
I seriously doubt you even have it. You said you had played it yet not seen a cut-scene yet, the game opens with a cut-scene. So unless you have some crappy WIP version which isn't finished code then I seriously doubt you even have it. All you have done is state the completely obvious.
Fri 18/06/04 at 17:11
Regular
It *is* a bit like Vice City, actually.
Fri 18/06/04 at 16:51
Regular
"Arghh Me Heel"
"They", does that mean more than 1 person has compared this to that?
Fri 18/06/04 at 15:22
Regular
It's absolutely nothing like GTA. Check out the video preview on IGN Insider or my thread in the Xbox forum. They can't stress how completely different it is to GTA.
Fri 18/06/04 at 13:21
Regular
"Arghh Me Heel"
Nah i've got to disagree, i read an interview with the makers and they said there would be more walk abouts, more guns and more foot missions. I think they should stick to what they sold instead of trying to copy something that love.

I think they should stick too what they've made succesful.
Fri 18/06/04 at 10:08
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
OMG!!111

Matt, you DA man.
Thu 17/06/04 at 23:06
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Achilles wrote:
> In my opinion Driv3r is GTA.

I wouldn't say that, they're two completely different games. One is a crime sim, and the other is a car chase sim. If you're expecting Driver to be anything like GTA then I think you'll be very dissapointed.
Thu 17/06/04 at 22:46
Regular
Well, ive only played 5 mins of the "Take a Ride" bit so far... so im just giving a general mess around opinion.

I'll be playing it a bit more tonight, maybe my opinion will change.

;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.